Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 charger 3.5 - im ordering a predator this week and ive been checking out gas sations and around my city they only have 92 octane so i wanna know should i use the 93 or 91 tune i have a big bully cai and custom dual exhaust thanks...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use 92 oct with the 91 tune. Haven't tried the 93 tune as the 91 does everything that I need it too. Think I read somewhere that the 93 is more for WOT.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its a huge diff in power and mileage. A lot more of both. WOT=Wide open Throttle. You will see that a lot on here so something important to remember. :TU: Going from 89oct with no tune to 92oct with no tune gave me better gas mileage. Add the Pred 91 tune and no more lag with more power. But I also have read that some guys cars run better with either 91 or 93 tune. So I would suggest trying both and seeing which one runs better for you. 93 to me i would probably only use if i was gonna race it on a track or if I put bigger cams in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks for the info is it pretty self explanatory when putting in the tune? i know people say to back up my stock tune, anything else you recommend?

·
Registered
197 Posts
No its pretty easy to do. Just plug it in and it will tell you if you need to update or not. I backed mine up on my laptop. You can change your top speed if you want. It's one of the many options. I am waiting to do that until i get tires that are rated for higher then 120. Other then that just enjoy the 'new' car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts