·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading it a couple times, sounds like an inside job, seems like they new where the lug lock keys were, apparently the alarm wasn't on because the motion sensor wasnt tripped or they knew where it was and how to avoid it. Fact still remains, they're thieves.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yep, there's lazy, scumbag POS's everywhere who are too lazy to work for a living and buy the stuff they want. They feel it's easier to steal it from someone who does work for a living. And in case you were wondering, I HATE thieves.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Wow! Guess somebody or somebodies wanted some new rims.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Smells like insurance fraud for a slow winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd go through the list of people that have recently taken a car for a test drive.
Could have been checking out the features and realized the lock keys were left in the new car's gloveboxes. Decided to supplement the down payment with some quick cash

·
Registered
62 Posts
$50,000 for 13 cars? Something doesn't add up

50,000/13=~3846/4= $961 per rim
remember this is with tire and rim and most likely the tpms so it makes a bit of sense how each wheel/tire/tpms can cost almost 1k each.

by the way, am i the only that feels that "$1,000" reward is a bit low that leads to a $50,000 find. I would think there would be way more incentive for a dealership to dish out, like $10,000 or a 2014 SRT [whichever is greater :)]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
remember this is with tire and rim and most likely the tpms so it makes a bit of sense how each wheel/tire/tpms can cost almost 1k each.

by the way, am i the only that feels that "$1,000" reward is a bit low that leads to a $50,000 find. I would think there would be way more incentive for a dealership to dish out, like $10,000 or a 2014 SRT [whichever is greater :)]
Hahaha I agree, they'd have a lot more ppl really looking and eager to get the reward

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
After reading it a couple times, sounds like an inside job, seems like they new where the lug lock keys were, apparently the alarm wasn't on because the motion sensor wasnt tripped or they knew where it was and how to avoid it. Fact still remains, they're thieves.
I was thinking the same thing, how did they know the locking lug key would be in the glove box??
Yeah, somebody gave them tips on when how here and what for sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same thing just happened over here as well. Car dealership ripped off over night, trucks left on blocks and about 50000 worth of tires and rims taken. Thieves came in with a cube van and a crew. Had lots of time from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow, That`s crazy.... I cant stand peoplee who would rather steal then get out there and get a job working 40+ hour`s a week to afford what they want instead of seeing something like this. Just makes me mad.

I see it every day of my life. People doing stupid crap like that. Not to this extent but as it as been said in previous comment`s as much as I hate to admit it, It does kind of sound like a inside job. Just to much stuff didnt add up when reading that.

1. No motion alarm`s went off?

2. Yea, They had survaliance camera`s. But come on now. We all know at least 40% of the camer`s on a car lot are just for show. I know at least around here where i live they are. Cause dealership`s want to be a bunch of cheap ass when it comes to that stuff. Cause we have installed quiet a few of there system`s.

3. They had the lugnut key`s? I know this is going to sound really stupid saying. And i do apologize ahead of time. I have personally not ever had a car till now that require`s a key to unlock the wheel`s... But i am guessing they are not all universal?

But, As much as i hate to say this. That take`s some serious ball`s to try and do something crazy like stealing wheel`s / tire`s from a dealership. No close by buisnesses have lot camera`s as well?

And talk about them being cheap and all.. I mean i completely understand and agree 110% As i stated above i HATE theve`s what ever happen to the good old day`s? You want something get a job work your ass off and pay for it like everyone else?

But at the same time, It is nice of them to offer a reward and all. But $1000.00 Reward? That`s just being a bit stingy for there supposable "50,000.00 Worth of wheel`s and tire`s " Something just dont add up to me with that price at all though. But hell, i am not a insurance broker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts