Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of myself and my 2006 SRT8 "Super Bee. Apparently Dodge didn't make a Super Bee in 2006 but here it is. If you check the quarter panel, you will see the logo Super Bee.

This car must be sort of rare.
100_1136 (1).JPG

·
Registered
142 Posts
Someone could always put the superbee logo on the back. Is it present anywhere else?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B
Someone could always put the superbee logo on the back. Is it present anywhere else?

Brad, if someone just stuck that logo on the back, they should be working for Dodge because they did a perfect job. I realize that could be an explanation, but somehow I don't think that's the answer. Thanks for your reply....

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
what’s the VIN listed on this ride. Maybe we can look it up and see what it reads on the build sheet

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what’s the VIN listed on this ride. Maybe we can look it up and see what it reads on the build sheet
I have already checked out the VIN on the website and got a printout of the build. There is nothing to say it is Super Bee, only that the color is Inferno Red Pearl. The mystery continues. The only thing I can think of is that because it is a 2006, the first year for this model, and since it was made in Canada, maybe Chrysler was experimenting. Any other ideas...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If the build sheet doesn't list the factory code for the Super Bee option pkg, and it doesn't say Super Bee anywhere else in the car or outside the car...then yeah, ANYONE could've purchased the aftermarket vinyl and had it applied or applied it themselves to the rear quarter. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but in my experiences with cars, any 'optioned' car is going to have it's designated "code" assigned to the vehicle and the vehicle build sheet for the corresponding option that it comes equipped with. Mopar has, from my understanding, always have done that.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
I have already checked out the VIN on the website and got a printout of the build. There is nothing to say it is Super Bee, only that the color is Inferno Red Pearl. The mystery continues. The only thing I can think of is that because it is a 2006, the first year for this model, and since it was made in Canada, maybe Chrysler was experimenting. Any other ideas...
Only thing I can think of would be contacting Dodge for more information. I mean everything seems to indicate that it’s not a superbee. No numbered plate, no badging of the superbee logo, The HEMI badge on the fender wasn’t even shown on the concept car. There were Superbee logos there. Does it indicate the superbee logo on startup? It only came in three colors Detonator Yellow, B5 Blue, or Hemi Orange. Weird brother, yea give Dodge a call for more info. Unless someone else has some more insider news on it

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Only thing I can think of would be contacting Dodge for more information. I mean everything seems to indicate that it’s not a superbee. No numbered plate, no badging of the superbee logo, The HEMI badge on the fender wasn’t even shown on the concept car. There were Superbee logos there. Does it indicate the superbee logo on startup? It only came in three colors Detonator Yellow, B5 Blue, or Hemi Orange. Weird brother, yea give Dodge a call for more info. Unless someone else has some more insider news on it
100% agree. Its the wrong color, nothing else indicates SB except vinyl. I believe the previous owner put decals on the car because he liked them. It's called upbadging. No different than putting SRT on an SXT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the build sheet doesn't list the factory code for the Super Bee option pkg, and it doesn't say Super Bee anywhere else in the car or outside the car...then yeah, ANYONE could've purchased the aftermarket vinyl and had it applied or applied it themselves to the rear quarter. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but in my experiences with cars, any 'optioned' car is going to have it's designated "code" assigned to the vehicle and the vehicle build sheet for the corresponding option that it comes equipped with. Mopar has, from my understanding, always have done that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. It could very well be that the previous owner had that elaborate Super Bee logo applied to the car. He said he didn't but that might not mean anything.

The car is beautiful just the way it is and with that 6.1 L hemi, it has all the power that I need. I plan on keeping this car for quite a while and my grandkids are just itching to get behind the wheel. Fat chance!

Have a great day everyone....Oldphart

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Someone added it. It looks good, but not original and not a special model beyond being an SRT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts