Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all.

Just recently purchased the 14 Charger with the blacktop package. I previously owned an 07 SRT-8 Charger. In my last car I wanted to do something that I never followed through with. I'm a fan of the 80s tv series Knight Rider, and I wanted to install one of the red "scanner" lights in the front of the car. I never got around to that. With the new 14, the cross members of the grille inhibit the placement. SO, my thought was to buy a billet grille, cut out the space in the center to mount the light, and I'd be set. The problems is that I would love to see if anyone else has tried/done this and if so, how it looks. I don't want it in the bottom cowl, I prefer it in the grille.

If any one has the answer to that question, I also ask if you used the halogen light, or the new style LED. The halogen lights have the natural "fade" ability when sweeping across the bar. Since the LED is an instant on/off, the fade would have to be programmed as such. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on that as well.

Thanks for any input you all may have.

E

·
0 Posts
Be careful...placements of red flashing/oscillating lights in a cars grill can be a violation of the law as the car may then be used as a "fake" police vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful...placements of red flashing/oscillating lights in a cars grill can be a violation of the law as the car may then be used as a "fake" police vehicle.

That's ok, if I'm stopped, the gun and badge on my hip should help me out of the situation with a bit more ease lol

Thank you all for the input so far.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's ok, if I'm stopped, the gun and badge on my hip should help me out of the situation with a bit more ease lol

Thank you all for the input so far.
Lol that works

I plan to get a scanner as well and tie it into my alarm system so that it only activates when the car is locked

·
Registered
6 Posts
THIS IS TRUE CHECH YOUR LOCAL LAWS FIRST. on a second note the nightrider was a trans-am not a dodge charger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts