Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've only had my 2007 Charger RT PPV for about 2 days now and out of the blue my ABS light and Traction control light both came on. I had been driving quick earlier and had done so hard braking but I had let the car sit and cool down for about 30 minutes before the lights came on. Could it be that my brakes are too hot and need to cool down for a bit? Or is there soen other issue that I need to be aware of? Hope to get some insight as I'm really new to charger ownership.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi all. I've only had my 2007 Charger RT PPV for about 2 days now and out of the blue my ABS light and Traction control light both came on. I had been driving quick earlier and had done so hard braking but I had let the car sit and cool down for about 30 minutes before the lights came on. Could it be that my brakes are too hot and need to cool down for a bit? Or is there soen other issue that I need to be aware of? Hope to get some insight as I'm really new to charger ownership.
Not for anything, but "PPV" is a Chevrolet (and sometimes aftermarket upfitter) designation. Your Charger is either a Pursuit or an R/T. They are two different models.

No, the ABS and TC lights are not likely to come on because you overheated your brakes. More likely you have a failed ABS sensor, they're cheap and easy to replace. But you won't know which one is bad unless you have access to an advanced scantool. AlfaOBD is an excellent diagnostic and configuration tool, and all you need is the program ($49) a cheap ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter and an Android device. But in this case, the first thing I'd try is disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if the problem comes back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could either be the sensors or the tone rings. Just had to replace my rear axle cause the tone ring was bad. Kicking the same lights for me. It's a rwd so the tone rings are in the front hubs vs on the axle in the rear.

After using the scan tool you can swap sides of the sensors to verify that's the issue. Hopefully it's just a sensor. 👍

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey friend! Just had their happen to me about two weeks ago. It turned out to be the drivers side speed sensor. I replaced it along with the other 3 just in case the others were close to going out. I’d advise going the OEM route. I warn you though, it was expensive. Around $350 for all 4 but they did come with a warranty. Hope I was able to help out. Take care!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts