Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 08 charger rt Daytona with 64k miles about a month ago. The dealership I bought it from (not dodge) put new brake pads on it and in doing so broke something because afterwords I started getting ABS warnings when I had never gotten them before. They eventually indicated the wheel speed sensor, tone ring and cv axle needed to be replaced. They had tried to just clean the sensor first but the codes stayed so they had to order it and then the rest of the parts.

I continued to drive the car to and from work while I waited for the new parts. In the last week twice the car has had an issue that feels like transmission trouble. Immediately upon starting the car runs almost as if it’s in neutral. The RPMs are high even though the car is barely moving and then the transmission seems to slip and struggle to downshift. The first time the car did this it sort of worked itself out and it went away shortly. This morning it was even worse and the check engine light came on. The car could barely drive. I had the car towed to the dealership. They called later and left a voicemail saying that they installed all the new ABS parts and that the transmission code was related and that it was now cleared and everything was fine. Does this seem right? Which code would this even be? I haven’t had a chance to call back and ask yet but it seems weird to me as I’ve never heard of a bad CV axle or wheel speed sensor causing transmission slipping. Or maybe causing the transmission to go into limp mode? Does this sound correct or shady? If this isn’t the issue what could it be? Supposedly they already checked that the transmission fluid was fine and it’s not leaking or anything. I’ve looked through all the transmission codes and I’m just unsure which one would even relate to ABS components. Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Doesn't seem fishy at all. The wheel speed sensors can cause the ABS, traction control lights and cause the transmission to go into limp mode, so hold off on being all worked up till they sort though the issues. The cars today with all the electronics can have all kinds of issues over something stupid. I've even seen where the battery is low and causes all sorts of weird electron issues which would seem unrelated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got the codes:

c1035 - right wheel speed

c1044 - right wheel tone performance

c0157 - o2 sensor

p0370 - in correct gear ratio

My question now is did the P0370 come from the ABS or is this just a separate issue with the PCM? To me it doesn’t seem that an ABS fault would cause that code but maybe I’m wrong. Or could the transmission issues simply be caused by the bad 02 sensor?

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,474 Posts
I had a wheel speed sensor go out on my Challenger it caused all kinds of codes including a transmission code. All that mess is linked together. Just changing the sensor may fix them all except the C0157, don't think it's tied to that one but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with Joe. I had all kinds of codes thrown on my 06' Daytona. I'd recommend replacing all the wheel speed sensors at the same time. Murphy's Law, when one needs replaced, give it a month and you'll be replacing another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts