Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it’s the second time I am submitting this thread, the one I did earlier today they were doing a server update and it was lost.

Just purchased 2014 Charger police pursuit,
I have several lights up on my dash, flat tire, ABS, traction control.
Also my cruise control does not work .

This being a pursuit vehicle all radios and light wiring have been removed and possibly have open connectors someplace loose wires etc.
any help appreciated

I went to O’Reillys auto parts and they check my codes for me

P0572 cruise Light sw low voltage
P1457 fuel tank sensor.?
P1c4e possible abs wheel sensor Front left wheel

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,474 Posts
I would replace the front left sensor, it may also take care of the cruise light code as sometimes these things will cascade codes with connected systems. Not sure about that fuel tank sensor.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
P1457 - FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
Set Condition:
The Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTP) signal voltage is greater than the maximum allowable voltage.

Could be a wiring/connector problem (shorted to voltage or an open circuit/ground). Could be the FTP sensor is bad. There's a fuel pump fuse & relay in the front fuse box (engine bay). I'm not sure where the FTP sensor is located.
If it's part of the fuel pressure regulator ... the fuel pressure regulator is integrated with the auxiliary fuel pump module and is not serviced separately. The auxiliary fuel pump module must be replace if the fuel pressure regulator is to be replaced.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the fuel pressure regulator located ...... in the tank?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info....
I will pull front wheel and check it out and replace when I get a part...

I also found the battery terminals could be just lifted right off .. not tightened ... I cleaned added electrical battery grease and re installed correctly
I wonder if that could also be causing some problems

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,474 Posts
I will pull front wheel and check it out and replace when I get a part...

I also found the battery terminals could be just lifted right off .. not tightened ... I cleaned added electrical battery grease and re installed correctly
I wonder if that could also be causing some problems
It can cause electrical gremlins but based on those lights being on & the cruise not working indicates a bad sensor.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Fuel pump with fuel pressure regulator is in the fuel tank. Loose battery cable terminals can cause all kinds of electrical glitches. Once you have the battery terminals tight, clear all the codes and see which codes get logged again.

Fuel pumps are accessible by removing the rear seat cushion.

https://www.roswell-nm.gov/1112/Chilton-Auto-Repair-Library

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would replace the front left sensor, it may also take care of the cruise light code as sometimes these things will cascade codes with connected systems. Not sure about that fuel tank sensor.
I replace front driver side sensor, and most codes have been removed except for engine light and looks like traction control ..... now I even have cruise control light come on, but does not respond to set or resume ....
I will have to have someone do another scan until my Diablo arrives

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,474 Posts
I replace front driver side sensor, and most codes have been removed except for engine light and looks like traction control ..... now I even have cruise control light come on, but does not respond to set or resume ....
I will have to have someone do another scan until my Diablo arrives
Just be aware the Diablo will only read codes that set a CEL. It will not read the advanced codes like you get with ABS system & such.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok ...I go to autozone ... have it scanned again
Thanks For your input and all your help

This old man appreciates it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just be aware the Diablo will only read codes that set a CEL. It will not read the advanced codes like you get with ABS system & such.
code search done today,
P1c4e
P0441
P0572
P1457

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
What engine is in the car ... V6 or V8?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed and re-placed the accumulator purge solenoid, and it has now re-moved
2 codes but still have the
P1457
P1c4e

Is one referring to fuel pressure ??
Do I need now to replace the fuel pump I heard there were two?
Help....
Tony

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
P1C4E - FAULT IN ABS/ESP MODULE
When Monitored:
Ignition on and battery voltage greater than 10.0 Volts.
Set Condition:
An active DTC is stored in the ABS/ESP Module
You need a scanner that can read ABS codes to see what code is stored in the ABS module.

P1457 is the FTP or a wiring harness/connector issue.
After some more searching I have discovered the FTP (fuel tank pressure) sensor is part of the evaporative emissions system. The FTP sensor provides the PCM with information on vapor pressure inside the fuel tank. The FTP sensor is located behind the rear wheelhouse splash shield on the left side of the car (driver side) ... outside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm I have a dumb question....
it appears this over kill evac system is over sensitive?

I am amazed that this car is designed w no gas cap....
just a rubber cover on the gas door...
could the gas door seal be the source of the evac code???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have another question
if I went to the dealer (Stealer),to get it diagnosed, do they have a tool that understands the codes better than the average auto parts store?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
There's several evap codes for leaks (small leaks & large leaks) in addition to codes for evap pressure switch, purge solenoid, etc ... If there was a evap leak I would expect one these other codes to be logged. Dealership diagnostic system is able to scan/test better than the auto parts stores. In addition to the codes, there's freeze frame data, etc ... that the dealership system can access and use for diagnostics.

The Dodge Charger has not had a gas cap in several years. At the bottom of the fuel filler tube, where it connects to the fuel tank, there is a inlet check valve that's part of the tank. This inlet check valve does the job that a gas cap would do to seal the fuel tank.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update :
At my wit’s end...
After waisting $350 at a local shop.... he suggested a ABS module change that would still have to be programmed by the dealer.

I went to the dealer and after $979 charge to Bypass two wires they claimed we’re not responding ...

Two days later Same traction light comes back on with the code I read on my Diablo P1C4E .....

After a very long bad interaction with the service manager....
I had to go to the dealer management and then to the owner for them to re-look at their prior work
In the meantime the traction light would come and go on and then off over a three weeks as I was Waiting for the dealer to re-diagnose it .

In the meantime I decided to pull the dash apart because I was getting flickering in my EVIC and dash light system ... all was good and I also checked every connector under the dash and glove box for tightness.

Next I Remove center console rear seat and found Live wires flopping around that was stuffed under-the front floor carpet and under rear seat all associated with the police systems wiring .
Repaired re routed & made safe and tucked in all police wiring...

The only thing that did Solve was no more flickering of my dash lighting and EVIC

Finally upon return to the dealer they kept my car for eight hours and all they did was reset codes so nothing was showing on my system
Service manager said I have a Gramlin and there’s nothing they can do

I have since Pulled every wheel speed sensor to make sure they were clean .

Only thing I have not checked are the reluctor rings on the axles ???

Help

Wires photos
upload_2019-10-10_10-50-58.jpeg

upload_2019-10-10_10-51-35.jpeg

upload_2019-10-10_10-52-14.jpeg
upload_2019-10-10_10-50-58.jpeg
upload_2019-10-10_10-51-35.jpeg
upload_2019-10-10_10-52-14.jpeg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts