Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm sure this has been thought of before. But I got to thinking about how to make the cai sealed boxes and stock more efficient. IS there a way to run a cooled freon line into and back out of the air box just over that hole in the bottom. Were the air is then chilled from passing over the exchange

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like your idea, but honestly the air travels so fast through the cai, it doesn't have time to cool, so I don't feel you would have any benefit. There is a kit out there already (don't recall the company name), but it basically cools the air intake with CO2. If I find the company name, I'll respond.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an instructor tell me that if you do this to a N/A motor you could potentially get condensation in the combustion chamber. The only way the Demon can get away with it is because it’s supercharged. Supercharged air/compressed air is hotter. Honestly I would look into finding out if you can remote mount either the condenser or evaporator, which ever cools the cabin, where you want it so you can cool all the air instead of just one small line. I think it’s a great idea but one thing to remember is that a perfect a/c system cools about 40 degrees lower than the surrounding air. Maybe you could repurpose an older refrigerator unit and run the compressor off of your harness.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had an instructor tell me that if you do this to a N/A motor you could potentially get condensation in the combustion chamber.
Combustion chamber temps FAR exceed the 212 degrees required to convert water into a gas. Any moisture in the air stream would not condense inside the cylinders.
Also consider nitrous oxide. If combustion chamber conditions can break apart molecules of N2O, it can vaporize water..

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
I had an instructor tell me that if you do this to a N/A motor you could potentially get condensation in the combustion chamber. The only way the Demon can get away with it is because it’s supercharged. Supercharged air/compressed air is hotter. Honestly I would look into finding out if you can remote mount either the condenser or evaporator, which ever cools the cabin, where you want it so you can cool all the air instead of just one small line. I think it’s a great idea but one thing to remember is that a perfect a/c system cools about 40 degrees lower than the surrounding air. Maybe you could repurpose an older refrigerator unit and run the compressor off of your harness.
The Demon and Redeye do not chill the intake air they cool the intercooler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts