Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dodge Charger SE and recently I've tried to refill my AC as I noticed it's not blowing as cold anymore. When I go to refill it I noticed that the pressure is not going up. I empty about half the can and it still stays around 10 PSI. I made sure that the compressor is running and that I have the AC at max. I could hear how the can was emptying and I also felt how the air around me got cold whenever I would add some refrigerant but the inside didn't get cold. And now I also hear a small noise whenever I turn on the AC. Does anyone know what could potentially be wrong? Also my car uses R1234YF instead of R134 if that makes a difference (I made use to check). I don't want to waste a can as it is expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a leak somewhere in the system. Find it and repair it before spending any more money on refrigerant.
I tried looking for it by adding some UV dye but can't seem to find it. And the noise sounds like if there was a gas leak so it could potentially be a leak. I can hear it from the inside of the car and around the back of the engine on the right side whenever the AC is running.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
My guess would be the evaporator inside the HVAC box. The one on my 2011 developed a leak and had to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts