Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Charger was in fender bender and it cracked the ACC/FCW sensor. It’s the dome shaped thing attached to the front bumper. Warning light is on for these two functions. I don’t need them, but the passenger air bag sensor is also on.

Does anyone know if this sensor would cause the passenger air bag to malfunction.
Trying to decide whether I need to repair the sensor…I can buy it used but the dealer says it needs to be reprogrammed. 🤨

Thanks!

Dodge Charger R/T 2011

· Registered
2013 R/T Max
700 Posts
The FCW dome sensor is frame mounted and has to be dealer calibrated for cruise control to work. I think the airbag sensor is also on the right side which explains both not working.
The FCW sensor is expensive even used (@$6-800), my dealer wants $1500 plus $175 calibration.
I can live without cruise control for that price.
Both sensors require bumper removal to access.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try to track down the sensor on that side and see if it's damaged too. For clarity: the airbag sensor is not the "passenger" light. Looks like there is only one light for the whole car.

· Registered
2013 R/T Max
700 Posts
I understand, just saying I'm pretty sure they're two separate sensors. My FCW/ACC light has been on since buying the car but airbags are fine.
I personally wouldn't attempt anything airbag related since I have no experience in procedures and can't afford a $1000 mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts