Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping anyone can shed some light on this issue. I recently took both positive and negative battery cables in attempt to reset my adaptive learning with the PCM and TCM. I left them off for about 20-30mins and reinstalled them. I now feel like I lost a bit of power. It’ll shoot off the line very quick but at a 35mph roll , when i punch it, it doesn’t seem like it has that power like it used to. Is what I’m feeling the effect of the PCM/TCM being reset and it being in “dummy” mode. I took it to the dealer and had them reset everything through their IDS (integrated diag system) so i know for a fact all has been reset AGAIN just Incase i messed something up. I have no CEL, no issues anywhere else. Just for some reason it just doesn’t feel lime an RT anymore lol. Just checking to see if anyone can share some info on this and whether this is normal to happen after resetting the computers.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
It's not in dummy mode (aka limp-in or limp-home mode). It's most likely the effects of resetting the adaptive learning. The software in the PCM/TCM has adaptive learning ... where it adjusts the responsiveness, shift firmness, etc... based on your driving habits. Drive it aggressively and it will adjust accordingly ... same goes for driving like Mr Safety. Drive the car in AutoStick mode for awhile and see if the performance returns.

Over time the previous performance should return as the adaptive learning software updates itself. Did you or a previous owner install a aftermarket tune? If there was a aftermarket tune, and the dealer reflashed the PCM, you will not recover all of the previous performance. You will recover as much of the factory performance, as allowed by the adaptive learning software, but you will not recover the performance of the aftermarket tune unless it is reinstalled.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts