Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to add OEM bluetooth to my car. I have the telematic module and the dimming with mic rearview mirror. Unfortunately I can't find the wire jumper because I guess chrsyler has discontinued the part. The part number on the thread was 68084162AC and replaced by 68084162AD which isn't available either on any mopar parts website. Anyone know where I can get one or if the part number has changed completely?? Just need this part to complete the mod... thanks for any help I can get

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang that's depressing but I'd check out those other things. Just one question if I went that route. Would I have to keep the auto dimming mirror and bluetooth telematics? Or should I just return them? Lastly how much do the cost? Was really three questions I guess lol

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm pretty sure we are out of luck bro... it sucks because I spent alot of money getting the mirror, bluetooth module and steering wheel control!

Ed

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spend about 100 on a used dart mirror and telematic. I had a steering wheel control while I was doing a paddle shifter mod. Just depressing that they won't make the part anymore. Thinking like the 2016 chargers would still need it unless the changed the system...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So I happen to get in contact with 2 junkyards for the jumper wire. One is off a 2011 charger with part number 68084161AB(checked on mymoparparts.com and says mirror jumper) and the other off a 2013 journey idk what the number is yet. Would anyone know if either of those jumpers would work with a 2012 charger?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok, so I called the dealer and they said its good 2011-2105, and it is available. So you should be good to go with that. And the dealer price was $24 !!!! ouch...

Ed

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered mine already being hopefully it would work lol but I'm glad to get the information!! Must of made your day too finding that out lol. I do have a backup order for a 2012 part just incase this doesn't work out but it won't be in till June so I'm praying this works....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So put all the parts in and everything got it added by the dealer but I press the phone button on the 4.3 and nothing ,go to the settings and and press the phone and bluetooth options and I press it and no menu comes up. Lastly the button and the steering wheel don't do anything either so that is upsetting... dealer said maybe the codes aren't right and will reflash it tomorrow. Anyone have a idea what it could be? Oh and on the bluetooth on my phone says uconnect on it when I go to pair

·
Registered
2 Posts
You cannot get that part. I've been trying for a couple months. The dealer said there are 3 floating around the US, but not in any inventory. Maybe you can find a donor car...

I went with the CRUX BEECR-35C Bluetooth Connectivity Kit. I also installed the CRUX VIMCF-93E Video in-motion. It works really good. You should check it out.

Ed
I know this is an old thread and what not but I have some questions about your crux bluetooth install. Does it use all your speakers when playing bluetooth streamed music or just the front speakers? On their website it says it only uses the front speakers for phone calls, So I aksed for clarification and the chat person said it will indeed use all speakers when streaming music and only uses the front two speakers for phone calls.

Can you confirm it uses all speakers for the streamed music? Thanks!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I know this is an old thread and what not but I have some questions about your crux bluetooth install. Does it use all your speakers when playing bluetooth streamed music or just the front speakers? On their website it says it only uses the front speakers for phone calls, So I aksed for clarification and the chat person said it will indeed use all speakers when streaming music and only uses the front two speakers for phone calls.

Can you confirm it uses all speakers for the streamed music? Thanks!
I can tell you, I am 100% glad I went the factory route.

Reactions: Dave chart
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.