Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sounds good! I really have not messed with mine to much since getting it from DiabloSport, so I figured it was about time to start LOL

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
RUN AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR ENGINE FAILS...these are the settings I ended up with after 16 runs and these are the settings I will be running from now on until I get a CMR tune. Logged tonight (83F) with 0 KNK LT Retard only one KNK ST retard event, going up a hill at WOT (KNK ST Retard=0.500 @ 4653 RPM). If you have experience with tuning EFI vehicles
and you see something that doesn't look right or safe, please inform me.

My 93 Octane tune adjustments

Cooling Fans AC On|

MBT WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5
MBT WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5
MBT WOT Spark 5k-7k
+5

WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5
WOT Spark 5k-7k
+5

WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k
+3%
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
+3%
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
+3%

Rev Limiter in Drive

Rev Limiter in Neutral
+600 rpm (for cool sounding revs in park)
Vehicle Speed Limiter|
Quick Adjust parameters|

ESP mode
Default (DO NOT DISABLE IN INCLEMENT WEATHER)

Anyone know what the ideal AFR for open loop is? So far I've seen adjustments for other VVT engines shoot for 12.6:1, which means I might need to add more fuel. My intake is aggressive and I've read a DiabloSport suggest adding up to 5% through all three ranges in order to keep some engines from leaning out @ WOT with agressive intakes.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
so u left the rev limiter in drive at default 6800 rpms? and be prepared when u run 5% in all three ranges of wot fuel to watch your gas go down farely quick! 5% should be at race time unless u like putting fuel in regularly! lol

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
will post my log tunes tomorrow after I play around with it again. right now I run +6 in all timing mbt and wot spark and then 1% in 1k-3.8 2% in 4k-4.8 and 3% in 5k-7k and she is fast in full throttle but in gas saving mode (not flooring it) at highway speeds it won't drop down into the final gear on cruise only when u use your foot! so think timing might have something to do with it will play around with it more tomm.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
will post my log tunes tomorrow after I play around with it again. right now I run +6 in all timing mbt and wot spark and then 1% in 1k-3.8 2% in 4k-4.8 and 3% in 5k-7k and she is fast in full throttle but in gas saving mode (not flooring it) at highway speeds it won't drop down into the final gear on cruise only when u use your foot! so think timing might have something to do with it will play around with it more tomm.
The 5% percent fuel suggestion was from DiabloSport to stop those with aggressive intakes from running lean when punching it. Log it, then open the log in DiabloSport DataViewer and check your FAR (open loop Fuel to Air Ratio). I dropped my WOT Fuel to 2.5% in all ranges. With +3% WOT I measured 12.13:1 FAR. I'm trying to find the ideal ratio for power and efficiency.

EDIT**
Nevermind, +3% in all ranges pulls the absolute hardest for me. Please be careful adjusting these values. Go too far and ping will be horrendous, heck if you are too advanced your idle will be lumpy, thats if you can even start it.

EDIT***
Moved my timing up to +6 degrees as well, holy crap thats 18 degrees of total advance!!! Still +3% WOT fuel and only 1 KNK ST Retard event (0.5000 @ 4702 RPM (11.9:1 AFR)) with 0 KNK LT Retard events, so this is as far as I am going....
(Said the same thing when I had my Intel i7 980X @ 4.8ghz w/ HT enabled all cores maxed)...

Thanks grateful for testing that, the last time I took it to 6 degrees, I added no fuel (+0%) and I had the HEMI Long stem IAT sensor instead of the OE.... dont use the long stem, it seems to have a different voltage threshold, which for a stock tune I used to lean the mixture. Probably why the dealership tech saw some values that only tuning could give me even though tuning was not yet released.

My short Logged Run...
View attachment 59689_01.zip

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
last run

Last run tonight 78 degrees 68% humidity and from what I am reading and been researching KNK ST RETARD under 3.0 per JOHAN from diablo is acceptable and when you are doing test runs look and see what rpm range you are knocking at and add some fore fuel till it goes away then see if that took the knock down. Also the brand of fuel you use even though 93 octane may cause you to knock more then a different brand this is something to look into as well. I run 93 Octane from Sunoco and love it!

93 Octane tune adjustments
Cooling Fans AC On|
MBT WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+4
MBT WOT Spark 5k-7k
+4
WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+4
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+4
WOT Spark 5k-7k
+4
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
+3%
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
+4%
Rev Limiter in Neutral
+400 rpm
Vehicle Speed Limiter|
Quick Adjust parameters|
ESP mode

Below is link to data viewer log file!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
tcm

should u reset the tcm when tuning?

·
Registered
75 Posts
What does the throttle boost parameter do? Is it the same thing is making the gas pedal more sensitive? As basically the same thing as pressing the pedal harder.

And is the defaults"Diablo Tune" an 87 octane tune or does it require a higher octane gas?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The throttle boost is to help take away the lag from when u step on the pedal till when the car responds. For remember there is no cable on the pedal so there is lag this helps take away some of it. The diablo tune the one on the top is required to run the 93 octane and would not recommend running 87 octane u might get knocking which is not good. Whatever tune u go with just make sure u have at least the minimum octane required or if you have higher octane then the tune like 93 for the 91 tune that is ok.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Running E85 with 93 tune will be fine then. Looking for a way increase fuel mileage. Getting 23.5 with E85 on highway. Would like to get up to 27 if possible.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Hello,

I just got a Trinity and am starting out slowly. Normally I'm pretty proficient with electronic devices but this one has taken me a little longer to get going on (I must be getting old).

I have loaded the 91 Perf tune (I plan to do the 93, but was in the US and could only get 92 Octane and it was a good deal I couldn't pass on) and boosted the throttle 5%.

I would like to start by fully understanding the logging process before I mess with anything (I have a CAI, so would like eventually setup for that).

What is the process to setup logging for knock. I thought it was to create a monitor page and then to log based on that, but I couldn't find any knock parameters/guages under the 'Engine' area. Am I doing this wrong?

If I should be reading up somewhere else first please let me know.

Thanks,
Grant

UPDATE: I figured out how to do this using my laptop and tuner hooked up at the same time. A perfect application for my HP mini! Is there a way to capture some of these other values directly in the tuner?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Here is what I'm running. I will log on the way home and adjust it from there.

MODS = Big Bully CAI.

Cooling Fans AC off|
Spark Adjustment|

MBT WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5 degrees
MBT WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5 degrees
MBT WOT Spark 5k-7k
+1 degrees

WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5 degrees
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5 degrees
WOT Spark 5k-7k
+1 degrees

WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k
+1.5% (reads as -3% on the rich side due to software error)
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
+2.5% (reads as -3% on the rich side due to software error)
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
+5% (reads as -3% on the rich side due to software error)
_________
Rev limiters|

Rev Limiter in Drive

Rev Limiter in Neutral
________
Idle Speed|
Tire size adjustment|
Adjusted for my tire size

ESP mode
Default (Seemed to only disable once, then re-enabled after re-start)

·
Registered
654 Posts
UPDATE: I figured out how to do this using my laptop and tuner hooked up at the same time. A perfect application for my HP mini! Is there a way to capture some of these other values directly in the tuner?

How did you do this? And stupid question, whats the benefit to live data logging?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
How did you do this? And stupid question, whats the benefit to live data logging?
I connected the Trinity to my car and to my laptop running the DataViewer software from DiabloSport at the same time. There were a LOT more parameters available to track versus trying to log directly on the Trinity.

I have no idea if there is a way to display all parameters directly on the Trinity. :wow:

Grant

·
Registered
189 Posts
Diablo Tuner, 91 tune now with airraid cai. changes?

air raid cai on charger sxt 3.6L 2012

I have a Diablo in tune with the 91 tune. Just put in the air raid cai. After disconnecting the negative, do I need to reinstall the tune, was it lost when power was disconnected? Does it take time to relearn my driving style, ie shift patterns. Do I need to adjust the Diablo's fuel parameters in all rpm ranges, if so by how much? Would a throttle body spacer increase torque and "get up and go" in the lower rpm ranges (800-2000)? I am a newbie, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
WOW!!! My ST RT went as high as 6 today. WOT pull up hill in 92*. 0 LT and that was at 6000 rpm... That seems like a lot of ST.

Where to begin on this one?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
air raid cai on charger sxt 3.6L 2012

I have a Diablo in tune with the 91 tune. Just put in the air raid cai. After disconnecting the negative, do I need to reinstall the tune, was it lost when power was disconnected? Does it take time to relearn my driving style, ie shift patterns. Do I need to adjust the Diablo's fuel parameters in all rpm ranges, if so by how much? Would a throttle body spacer increase torque and "get up and go" in the lower rpm ranges (800-2000)? I am a newbie, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Throttle body spacer is a waste of money in my opinion no one I know with one noticed any gains. U do not need to reload tune after disconnecting battery. But yes you will need to relearn driving patterns if u unplugged battery for more then 15 minutes to reset tcm. If u are unsure about raising fuel parameters do not touch unless u are sure or have it on a dyno or know how to read your logs to know actually parameters to adjust fuel!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Throttle body spacer is a waste of money in my opinion no one I know with one noticed any gains. U do not need to reload tune after disconnecting battery. But yes you will need to relearn driving patterns if u unplugged battery for more then 15 minutes to reset tcm. If u are unsure about raising fuel parameters do not touch unless u are sure or have it on a dyno or know how to read your logs to know actually parameters to adjust fuel!
Thanks for the info. I certainly don't know enough to mess around with the parameters yet. But from what I have been reading, slight % increases through the rpm bands seem to give the car(fitted with a cai) a boost. I notice you have an airraid did you adjust the parameters?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yes I did but you will notice the mpg go down with increase I only use it when going to the track or gonna race someone!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts