Dodge Charger Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Otherwise I just leave it in base diablo tune (93 octane)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Otherwise I just leave it in base diablo tune (93 octane)
If I move from the 91 tune to the Diablo tune, will I notice much of a difference in performance? Do I have to run the tank nearly empty or can I fill with a 1/4 tank of 91 left? And thank you for your responses. I appreciate them.:TU:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If I move from the 91 tune to the Diablo tune, will I notice much of a difference in performance? Do I have to run the tank nearly empty or can I fill with a 1/4 tank of 91 left? And thank you for your responses. I appreciate them.:TU:
You will notice a diff in the kick on the first 2 gears, will give u the feeling that you are being pushed back in the seat a lil harder! I would wait till under a 1/8th of a tank before changing to diablo tune and 93 octane.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Okay so i downloaded the diablo data viewer and i am wondering when im looking to change the WOT spark when i am viewing the data what exactly should i look for (i know the knock retard should be at 0 but what should the base spark and actual spark read)

·
Registered
775 Posts
How should I set up the shift light on the Diablo Sport Trinity T-1000? I will be picking one up soon. I have paddle shifters and would like to play with them a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 2010 SXT 3.5L, can anyone help me on the adjustment of the "throttle boost"... what is the recommended adjustment setting.. Im lost on that and not sure what to put it at.
I have already adjusted my idle because it was very low and caused some vibrations. Anything is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
RUN AT YOUR OWN RISK...I'm still testing this.
If you have experience with tuning EFI vehicles and you see something that doesnt look right or safe, please inform me. First my performance mods. Yes a catch can to me is a performance mod as it keeps the innards from gunking up and raising my octane requirements.

Aggressive tune for 2012 Dodge Charger SE

Custom DIY Ram Air intake system (front 4" inlet, closed box, 4" intake pipe)
Ported upper and lower intake manifold (cleaned up all the edges and flash imperfections)
Fastman 80mm ported throttle body(grounded too if you believe in that sort of thing)
Pulstar Iridium GG1i pulse plugs (they've made a difference in every whip I've put them in)
2.5" cat-back dual exhaust with DI/DO Magnaflow muffler, X-pipe, factory resonators
Big Bully Catch Can, and Chevron Techron fuel treatment every 4,000-6,000 miles

My 93 Octane tune adjustments

Make sure to datalog the following PIDs for at least a few sessions (more if youre paranoid like me) and be ready to retard timing if you detect knock retard (KNK Short Term Retard=short term knock retard, KNK Long Term Retard=long term knock retard). So far absolutely 0 STKR and 0 LTKR. Man I cant wait for shift firmness support, trust me it's going to friggin rock with the 8 speed guys.
___
Cooling Fans AC off|
___
Cooling Fans AC On|
__
Spark Adjustment|

MBT WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5 degrees
MBT WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5 degrees
MBT WOT Spark 5k-7k
+5 degrees

WOT Spark 1k-3.8k
+5 degrees
WOT Spark 4k-4.8k
+5 degrees
WOT Spark 5k-7k
+5 degrees
____
Fuel Adjustment|

WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k
+3% (reads as -3% on the rich side due to software error)
WOT Fuel 4k-4.8k
WOT Fuel 5k-7k
_
Rev limiters|

Rev Limiter in Drive

Rev Limiter in Neutral
+500 rpm (for cool sounding revs in park)(make sure that your engine is up to operating temp or past the idle down phase otherwise it will hold the rev longer than it should)
____
Idle Speed|
____
Vehicle Speed Limiter|
___
Tire size adjustment|
Adjusted for my tire size (215/65/17)
___
Quick Adjust parameters|

ESP mode
Default (DO NOT DISABLE IN INCLEMENT WEATHER)
We're you able to dial this in, or was this as far as you were able to get your 3.6?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts