Dodge Charger Forum banner

Advice on Dyno Day!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  joekd 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! My 2016 Charger R/T is finally full bolt-on and I am taking it to get a couple of dyno runs in this week. I want to make sure the process goes smoothly so Im seeking any tips on the process.

I've heard that I might have to pull a fuse or something so that the ABS system doesn't freak out. Of course, I don't know if that applies to this year or if there's also additional things I need to complete.

Thanks

#2 ·
Just turn TC and ESC off if you can. Otherwise once they start rolling, the car will freak a bit, and then set codes/warning lights and turn off. (atleast my 2011 did) OF course all lights and stuff cleared after like 40 feet of moving.

Depending on level of Dyno operator, should be fun experience. Guy I went to allowed for over 10 mins between runs. Hooked a wideband up to watch my AFRs and generally was just cool guy overall. I got a lot more service for the money I paid.

Is this a Mustang Dyno or Dyno Jet dyno?

And don't be afraid to post the results up!

On my 145K mile Former GSP Pursuit, I managed 323hp, 348 ft lbs tq at the wheels using a 91 octane Hemifever tune. Was told if I fixed the absolutle shit job exhaust job did on my muffler deelte bends I could possible gain few extra HP.

Reactions: donavantbh
#9 ·
If you can stand where you can hear it pull, nothing like hearing your car floored in labor.

Reactions: 48958
#10 ·
nothing like hearing your car floored in labor
I cannot wait!!! I love the noise my R/T makes. I dunno how but the tune and intake has really lowered the tone of the exhaust just about to 392 levels and got louder. No need for any exhaust mods, it’s perfect!!

I’m curious what my whp and crank hp will be with those two mods. It feels much more responsive and my rough calculations have me at 0-60 in 4.8 before I put on my 315’s out back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.