Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Dodge Charger 5.7L and I’m looking to purchase a CAI. However I’m stuck in between 2 brands AFE and JLT. Also should it be a closed air box or open air. Which brand is better and which box should I get?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Since these are pretty much just noise makers, unless the engine is heavily modified, go for open and cheap.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am really happy with JLT. I bought it because I read a magazine dyno test comparison with 5 others including AFE and MOPAR among others and it had the highest HP and torque gain and was the least expensive. I feel it helped me by about .2 seconds in the 1/4! I bought it 6 years ago. They are excellent to deal with and have provided very good service on my replacement filters.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Wow, fantastic info on the website too.
It was an old magazine I found back in 2014 geared towards modern muscle. I recommend JLT. They are a small company with very good customer service. I liked their CAI because it angles downward in the opening. You could pay a lot more for a CAI but it may not work as good.

·
Registered
722 Posts
After looking at the dyno tests, I WILL get theirs then. I'm just looking for the lowest price then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts