Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, how does everyone's a/c work? My '14 SXT's air takes a good five minutes to really cool down, and even then it is not very cold. My 07 made me cold, it was so cold. With this one, even on Max A/C, LO, and the fan cranked almost all the way up it is still cool but not cold like I would expect from a new car. And from 70's to 80's I notice a difference in it's temperature. Next time I get my oil changed I'm thinking of asking them to check it out, because it hasn't even hit the 90's yet here. Hope its just low on refrigerant, and not messed up.

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
Mine has never froze me out either. I have a '13 SXT and it never seems to really get cold enough. Especially when temps are 90F+. The two cars I test drove before buying this one were freezing with the air on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No problems with mine. The dealer did a reflash for the HVAC system when I had the car inspected last month. Maybe you could try that, although it does sound like there is a definite lack of cooling.

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
There are times when I feel mine doesn't get cold enough, then I find the car wash moved my vents and I need to adjust them. But it usually gets decently cold. Not freezing though. But definitely to a point where I have to turn the temp back up a few degrees every now and then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks. I didn't even realize they could re-flash the HVAC system. Next time I bring it in I'll have to ask about it and see if they'll check the refrigerant level as well. My vents are open and right at me, and still not that cold. Today it was 88 and it took a good 5+ minutes to even start to get cool, so I'm hoping its just a little low.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it to the dealer, and it was low on refrigerant. They recharged it, service advisor said a lot of the dodges have been coming from the factory low on refrigerant, I oil, and transmission fluid. Mine was two out of three now I'm wanting to get the transmission fluid checked too. It blows a lot colder now, but I still think it takes too long to get cold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Took it to the dealer, and it was low on refrigerant. They recharged it, service advisor said a lot of the dodges have been coming from the factory low on refrigerant, I oil, and transmission fluid. Mine was two out of three now I'm wanting to get the transmission fluid checked too. It blows a lot colder now, but I still think it takes too long to get cold.

Mine was low on transmission fluid, and the car threw a code while entering an inclined freeway on-ramp - so yes, might be worth having them check.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sometimes when I start my car its blows out heat for less than a minute but besides that it gets pretty damn cold.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I've never had any real complaints about the A/C but last week for work I was in a rental Audi A4 and the A/C there was so cold I almost couldn't stand it. I like to have the vents facing my hands when I drive and the coldness was startling, and I had to turn it down.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whenever the temperature setting is at the lowest it seems like there is no difference between the A/C being off and on. This is when the air is recirculating too. Is there a way to check under the hood when the A/C is on and off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a new 2014 Charger last fall. AC works fine for about an hour, then the air flow goes away. When the AC is turned off the air flow gradually returns and blows cold for a while (like the evap coil is iced up and melts). After the air flow is back and blowing warm, the AC works fine for about an hour. Took it into the dealer, so far they have changed an actuator, the control head, and they are about to change the fan motor as the problem is still occurring. Supposedly the system pressures are in spec. Has anyone seen this type problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Air Conditioner Follow-up

This is a follow up to my July post. After 4 days the dealer replaced the fan motor and said the problem was fixed. It's better but the auto function still doesn't work for very long at a time. There were a couple of other vehicles that came in with the same problem while my car was there. Seems like there should be something out there on the issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.