Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I currently have a Flowmaster 817502 Cat-back System 409S - Dual Rear Exit - Force II - Mild/Moderate Sound performance exhaust on my 2011 RT Charger. I am looking to add a K&N Cold Air Intake and maybe a throttle body spacer. The intake I want is a K&N 63-1114 with the polyurethane tube for better heat shielding. The spacer I want is an Airaid 350-532 PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer. My first question is will the K&N CAI fit the Airaid Throttle Body Spacer? The Spacer is just a bolt on add behind the stock throttle body I believe. "Correct me if I am wrong." Just want to be sure the spacer is a universal fit for all CAIs and not just the Airaid brand. Reviews on Amazon from other Hemi owners have noted a MPG gain and a pretty noticeable accelerator response with the spacer. I heard it is possible to gain 21 extra HP with a Flowmaster exhaust and a CAI. Will the spacer add any to that like it is supposed to, or should I just go with the CAI and skip the throttle body spacer? Also would it be possible to swap out the current mufflers I have with that Flowmaster exhaust for some Flowmaster Super 10 Series 1 Chambers? It sounds nice right now with the current setup, but I want a much more louder muscle car roar without forking out about 400-600 dollars for a set of headers and another 400 for a cam. Last question is how much horse power could I possibly gain from the CAI, and the spacer with that Flowmaster exhaust system I have. Thanks guys! :4-wavey:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Although those mods maybe astetically pleasing, you are looking at about 10 horsepower max with cai and ehaust. Best bet would be to purchase a tuner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From everything I've read here and on other LX sites, the TB spacers don't really do anything for the car performance-wise. With an LMI Hammer and Force II kit, I can't say that I really sensed and obvious difference in performance. I'm sure they add a little HP like 11blkrt said, but the biggest difference I noticed is the car 'sounds more like it should.' :D

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
From what others have said the spacer is a wast of money. Im sure others will chime in.

·
Registered
941 Posts
From everything I've read here and on other LX sites, the TB spacers don't really do anything for the car performance-wise. With an LMI Hammer and Force II kit, I can't say that I really sensed and obvious difference in performance. I'm sure they add a little HP like 11blkrt said, but the biggest difference I noticed is the car 'sounds more like it should.' :D
I agree with Jet66 & 11blkrt.

·
5,990 Posts
I've seen a lot of posts about spacers and I would say 99% have been negative, but it 's your money. I don't see any reason why the intake wouldn't fit because of the spacer. The geometry will change a little, but imo it won't cause a problem for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts