Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 dodge charger Daytona. It came with the mopar cold air intake. I want to install the 2019 hellcat air-box. My question is, do i have to change out the box that the air filter sits in or can i just buy the snorkel piece and install it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does the lower box have a hole in the bottom? Does the lower look like it has the slots for the upper lid tabs and the place for the latches?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the lower box have a hole in the bottom? Does the lower look like it has the slots for the upper lid tabs and the place for the latches?
Hello,
Its does have an opening on the bottom of the box, however the top part of the air box is completely open. It's not your regular air box. On the Daytona they put the mopar cold air intake. It's pretty sweet. It just has a rubber gasket alone the top of the box that's seals to the hood once its close

·
Registered
947 Posts
So you just want the snorkel from beside the headlight? WorkPlayDrive on YouTube added it to his challenger. He modified his existing lower box to accept it. You could potentially do that with the Charger version. The Hellcat airbox lower may not accept your gasket that seals to the hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you just want the snorkel from beside the headlight? WorkPlayDrive on YouTube added it to his challenger. He modified his existing lower box to accept it. You could potentially do that with the Charger version. The Hellcat airbox lower may not accept your gasket that seals to the hood.
Thank you SC charger. I will look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts