Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
You really should give the year of the car at least. Build yourself a signature so its easy for those who would help, help you.

Not knowing your year model I'll tell you my 2013 procedure. It gives you instructions as you go. It wants your foot on the pedal as it cycles the ABS pump and tells you when to open the bleeder on the right front wheel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really should give the year of the car at least. Build yourself a signature so its easy for those who would help, help you.

Not knowing your year model I'll tell you my 2013 procedure. It gives you instructions as you go. It wants your foot on the pedal as it cycles the ABS pump and tells you when to open the bleeder on the right front wheel.
so it can't be done with one person?

·
Registered
989 Posts
What exactly is this feature and how do you use it? I don't know much about the app but I'm trying to learn.. Also how would I find out which of the engine options is mine?

The questions you ask, give me the major impression that

1.you have no business playing around with settings or alfaOBD until you stop being lazy and research stuff that has been posted all over.

2. We will see you crying here about bricking your car cause you played with things you have no clue about.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,880 Posts
The questions you ask, give me the major impression that

1.you have no business playing around with settings or alfaOBD until you stop being lazy and research stuff that has been posted all over.

2. We will see you crying here about bricking your car cause you played with things you have no clue about.
Remember this guy redneckrockstar0101?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Remember this guy redneckrockstar0101?
I do.

I really do not want to be mean, but creates many threads, all over the places scattered worse than new cook at waffle house. States knows nothing about the stuff yet here they are wanting to dive into procedure brake bleeding for whatever reason.

Blows my mind. Before I even had alfaOBD I had read a million mile long thread on it. Knew exactly what was safe and what did what.

I also had a grasp on exactly what kind of car I was driving too.

Head Hand Arm Leg Plant

Reactions: dodgeguy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do.

I really do not want to be mean, but creates many threads, all over the places scattered worse than new cook at waffle house. States knows nothing about the stuff yet here they are wanting to dive into procedure brake bleeding for whatever reason.

Blows my mind. Before I even had alfaOBD I had read a million mile long thread on it. Knew exactly what was safe and what did what.

I also had a grasp on exactly what kind of car I was driving too.

View attachment 124995
well I'm getting the idea that there's only like 3 people on this website anyway

I've googled this stuff but nothing comes up that's useful

and I'm getting the idea that ur pretty elitist when it comes to this stuff

the whole point of asking questions is so I don't **** it up.

I get the general idea on how it works. but obviously I'll need to go elsewhere for reliable answers

in the meantime I know how to get air out of the brake lines the normal way. and how to use a tazer. I was hoping for a better explanation but ok

·
Registered
989 Posts
well I'm getting the idea that there's only like 3 people on this website anyway

**There are plenty of people. Just a limited amount who will engage with you.

I've googled this stuff but nothing comes up that's useful

I googles alfaOBD brake bleed procuedure and found several topics across several boards that gave infomation on what excatly it does. IF you had really researched anything about alfaOBD you would have found at minmun three online threads on three fourms that cater specfically to alfaOBD and what items are useful. Considering you never posted in them or mentioned them, and have asked questions that are answered within them again showcases, you are not putting effort into researching like the rest of us.

and I'm getting the idea that ur pretty elitist when it comes to this stuff

No, I will share info. But calling me elitist is rich coming from some one who shows up, declares the car super rare and when told it is not what you think it is think everyone is wrong cause it has a red dome light seems kinda elitist to me.

Not to mention when everyone has told your heat soaking adventure is not to be worried about, and that a rise in IAT sitting still is normal due to how IT WORKS and you blow everyone off cause there HAS TO BE A MISTAKE with how engineers design it that also seems kinda elitist. Like you just know more than everyone here and we are blowing smoke up your ass.

the whole point of asking questions is so I don't **** it up.

Whole point of not be lazy and researching with effort is so you do not screw up. Your line of threads and questioning gives the impression you are missing ALOT of actual basic knowledge on many of the systems, and dodge specifics as well.

I get the general idea on how it works. but obviously I'll need to go elsewhere for reliable answers

Oh actually listen to people who know what they are talking about instead of not liking the answer and treating people like we have no clue.

in the meantime I know how to get air out of the brake lines the normal way. and how to use a tazer. I was hoping for a better explanation but ok

Once again, several of the first google searches showed what the alfaOBD app does with this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 2011 pursuit 4 out of 5 time failed message will display. It takes 2 people. Have a friend on right front caliper ready to open bleeder.
Follow the directions, don't keep pressing start it takes time to work. If alfaobd says open bleeder your making progress. Even if alfaobd say's failed or not complete it still may have worked. We never got to the point were it said close bleeder so we just closed it after error message. It did improve the brakes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What is the problem/goal?
Brakes just fade all the way down if I'm stopped for about 3 minutes. Not all the time but most. New front calipers and brake pads all around. We tried bleeding like 5 times! I'm not new to brake work but never saw this before. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, that only leaves an internal leak in the master cylinder then right (w/o external leaks that is). Ever watch Roadkill where they would have MC HOLD pressure and not release with messed up MC's?
Fixed !!!!! Wow! Internal leak in the master cylinder. Swapped part, added fluid, let some leak, tightened bolts, perfect. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts