Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been using the search button but it's just not returning the results I was looking for unfortunately. I saw that Gapi seems to be the main guy that talks about alfaobd but there isn't much else other than an abandoned thread by shockerz77 who's google drive link doesn't work. I've been using alfaobd for my Ram 1500 to modify options, read/clear codes, etc. for several months now but it doesn't seem to be as straight forward on the chargers for some reason. I'm wondering who has good experience with using alfa on our cars beause I'm sure there is somebody out there. Youtube didn't return much either just all the videos I've already watched dealing with my Ram. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright, so it seems that (for those wondering) it does work quite well on the charger as it does the ram. I just didn't realize it being that I'm not used to the car yet. So far I've changed the drl drop out with turn signals, added a few srt options, but I'm still trying to figure out how to add the full track version that I've seen the srt cars have. I'll update whatever processes work in this thread.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
alright, so it seems that (for those wondering) it does work quite well on the charger as it does the ram. I just didn't realize it being that I'm not used to the car yet. So far I've changed the drl drop out with turn signals, added a few srt options, but I'm still trying to figure out how to add the full track version that I've seen the srt cars have. I'll update whatever processes work in this thread.
Can't, if that is a Scat then you don't have the hardware (suspension). AlfaOBD is great, but it isn't magic, there either needs to be the preexisting hardware or software lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't, if that is a Scat then you don't have the hardware (suspension). AlfaOBD is great, but it isn't magic, there either needs to be the preexisting hardware or software lol.
LMAO! my bad for not being 100% specific with what I was trying to convey. Obviously it isn't magic and I'm not trying to make it do mechanical changes. I'm using it to to unlock features that are already in the system... again, obviously not wanting it to work some kind of voodoo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Don't worry though, it did do what I wanted it to do and I now have the screens that I wanted added to my scat pack that were not previously there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally found a pretty good thread with loads of information dealing with the Alfaobd. Inside the thread there is a link to another thread from the RAM truck forums which has even more information dealing with the Alfaobd so there is plenty of information to keep busy reading for a while for those wanting to know more about using this versus the tazer or any other type of obd plugin. AlfaOBD Master Thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts