Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
OK, I dove in and am enjoying it.
I installed an auto dimming mirror and enabled it where the dealership could not.
Also enabled SRT performance pages and Sport Mode.
You can do tons of things including mess up you car.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes, its a diagnostic tool also, you can scan for and reset codes and generate logs or records. You can also do running scans and save them. Its advisable you visit or lurk this Dodge RAM Forum thread to bone up on it.

I'm hoping soon a thread like it will populate for our cars here. I have been lurking there and not sure how they would take to charger users mixing it up.

I have my car down for a water pump replacement right now possibly finished this weekend and will continue then and start a thread on my experiences.

I had hopes for the police lighting feature so I could blackout my dash but it has side effects that maybe can be averted.
Once enabled the dash can be blacked out but the door locks and outside trunk lid button stop. This is police mode I'm sure. But if Tazer can do it with their "Set full off" option I assume AlfaODB can too somehow.

I do know to move cautiously, making one change at a time and writing it down. It does have a log generator but I'm still taking notes. They all agree the ODBLink MX Bluetooth dongle is the way to go.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, its a diagnostic tool also, you can scan for and reset codes and generate logs or records. You can also do running scans and save them. Its advisable you visit or lurk this Dodge RAM Forum thread to bone up on it.

I'm hoping soon a thread like it will populate for our cars here. I have been lurking there and not sure how they would take to charger users mixing it up.

I have my car down for a water pump replacement right now possibly finished this weekend and will continue then and start a thread on my experiences.

I had hopes for the police lighting feature so I could blackout my dash but it has side effects that maybe can be averted.
Once enabled the dash can be blacked out but the door locks and outside trunk lid button stop. This is police mode I'm sure. But if Tazer can do it with their "Set full off" option I assume AlfaODB can too somehow.

I do know to move cautiously, making one change at a time and writing it down. It does have a log generator but I'm still taking notes. They all agree the ODBLink MX Bluetooth dongle is the way to go.
Good deal! Thanks, gapi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried installing the SRT performance pages and there was no option for sport. It's a 2011 dodge charger mopar 11. I'm wondering if I should try changing the year to 2012 or to challenger. Any ideas?

Also I was able to change the DRLs to the turn signals which looks pretty cool.
Also, as a side not don't click on the align automatic headlights in the app. oops. Now I've got to go in and have that done. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Help
Received OBD link mx+

Easy connect to my iPhone
Also connected to my droid ... (a bit more effort)

OBD link software fairly straight-forward with ease-of-use

Tried the AlfaOBD demo software ....
a bit confusing.... tried to do scan for faults... but want to only scan each function module can....?

There must be an easier way to check my system for faults ....
but I’m just not seeing it.
It won’t even give me the check indicator without me being in one of the cans ....
Am I missing something here?

2014 charger Pursuit

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go into you make model, and body control year, select the engine at the bottom.
I did as you showed ... hit the engine icon and it scanned the engine only I assume...no codes

I know I have abs/traction stability codes that should show.. ?

Is there a way to check all system codes with this software??

Thanks
Tony in Florida

·
Registered
124 Posts
A bit off subject...
Has anyone successfully installed SRT performance pages using the alfaobd app?

I’m still trying to figure out the software and would love to have some step-by-step instructions

·
Registered
648 Posts
A bit off subject...
Has anyone successfully installed SRT performance pages using the alfaobd app?
I’m still trying to figure out the software and would love to have some step-by-step instructions
Yes, Don't know your car year model but know the 2011's do not have the capability.
You have some homework to do.

Caution: Learn how to backup your current config. Screw it up and its a tow to the dealership to get a factory BCM re-flash.
Backups are not something to load back in to recover. Its a document you can refer to so you can reverse the changes yourself.
Its highly suggested you view the docs using Notepad++ so you can use the compare plugin. Makes it super easy to see your differences. See example HERE. Learn how to make backups in the 1st post HERE.
Just because you see it in the list doesn't mean its for your car. And if its not for your car don't think it cannot hurt something.

The above done. An interface inserted and paired or connected on PC. I use Android apk.

Put car ignition in Run (engine not running).
Open Alfaobd / Connect / Select the Dodge/Ram button /
1st drop down select - Charger LD
2nd drop down - Body Computer
3rd Drop Down ("Select Body Control Unit") - Body computer My2013 PowerNet (what ever your year is)
Choose Connect at the top (if not already indicating connected)
Touch Battery Icon at bottom od screen. Select read Sys ID & Status.
Touch car with hood up icon at the bottom of the screen.
Drop down "Select procedure to start".
Choose "Car Configuration Change".
Drop down "Select Option".

Scroll down and find the following and enable.
VehConfig 1 -Performance Pages Present
VehConfig 3 -Vehicle is an SRT
VehConfig 3 -Sport Mode Present
Back out of the apk
I then turn the car off. Open the door and close it. wait for the canbus to go to sleep (the EVIC and cluster lights shut down.
Its different for some cars. Some say it takes a few key cycles, drive the car, shut down, let it sit, start up and check and so on..
On mine all are instant or say, one key cycle.

Done.

·
Registered
124 Posts
2014 Dodge Charger pursuit 5.7 5 speed auto

I tried doing the back up, but what I get is not much and it makes me wonder if I’m missing something.
So I am cautious to not do anything until I’m more educated on this particular app .

Ie backup..... see below ?

Reading faults for: Body Control Module MY 2014-2017
__
Faults reported:
2019/10/16 16:48:13.825
Faults found.
U0101
U0100
__
Reading faults for: Body Control Module MY 2014-2017
___
Faults reported:
2019/10/16 16:48:20.013
Faults found.
U0101
U0100

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ah! Sorry, I don't use it everyday. I edited the list.

At the point I instructed to choose the car with hood up icon, first choose the battery icon.
Then choose Read Sys Status and Sys ID. I have never chosen one of them singular so...

Note; Every time you make a BU it will be appended to the end of previous BUs'. So name them accordingly to your preference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did as you showed ... hit the engine icon and it scanned the engine only I assume...no codes

I know I have abs/traction stability codes that should show.. ?

Is there a way to check all system codes with this software??

Thanks
Tony in Florida
VehConfig 1 -Performance Pages Present
VehConfig 3 -Vehicle is an SRT
VehConfig 3 -Sport Mode Present
Back out of the apk
I then turn the car off. Open the door and close it. wait for the canbus to go to sleep (the EVIC and cluster lights shut down.
Its different for some cars. Some say it takes a few key cycles, drive the car, shut down, let it sit, start up and check and so on..
On mine all are instant or say, one key cycle.
I finally found my config by pressing the battery icon at the bottom and then clicking view system ID

Dumb question time
If it says performance pages “not present”, I assume I just remove the word “not”?
And if an item says “not set” again I assume I just remove the word “not” ?

how do I save the config to computer?

Thanks again

·
Registered
648 Posts
No!
Follow my steps using the app to make the changes.
The backup is so you can see what things were before you made changes. Then use the app to make changes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok got it ....
I will attempt today...
Do each of the 3 steps .... 1 change ata time.... then wait & test
Then do the second change.. wait & test
And the the third change ....wait & test...

Will let you know how it goes...
Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts