Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and owning a Charger so I wanted some additional input from people who know more about this.

I recently replaced the upper control arms and inner and outer tie rods on my 2011 Charger se. I took it to an alignment shop and they told me they were un able to do the alignment. They stated that in order for it to be done I needed to get special adjustable bushings for the rear end and then different adjustable control arms for the front end. So they sent me home with a 1700 quote for the parts and labor.

I am wondering if they were just trying to screw me over or if this is a real thing with these vehicles. I replaced everything with oem parts so I'm not sure why I would need something else for a proper alignment.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,494 Posts
I could see that if your cars been lowered quite a bit. They have trouble getting the camber close if it's been lowered and requires the adjustable parts.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Get an alignment estimate somewhere else.

The car does specify a 4-wheel alignment. The rear is aligned first and then the front. A good alignment shop will measure toe, camber and caster on front and rear, and compare the vehicle's current alignment settings to the vehicle specifications. They will print out this comparison so you can see it for yourself.

Front toe can be adjusted but a adjustment bolt package (camber/caster kit) needs to be installed to adjust camber/caster settings. If cross-camber and cross-caster are within specification, and camber/caster are only slightly off, they can adjust camber/caster by shifting the engine cradle ... but most shops will elect to use a adjustment bolt package.

Rear toe can be adjusted but camber links need to be installed to adjust camber. Camber links are available in Plus or Minus One Millimeter (1 mm) lengths. A Plus or Minus 1 mm camber link will change camber approximately 0.5-0.7 degrees in the preferred direction. Rear caster is not adjustable. If rear caster is found not to be within specification, they will need to check for damaged suspension or body components and replace as necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts