Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowering my Charger with the D2 Racing Lowering Springs, 1.8" front & 2.0" rear. Was wondering if an alignment is mandatory afterwards? I will be doing the installation of the springs myself. I have the power tools and hardware needed, except for the spring compressor which I'll be renting from AZ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured as much. Somebody told me they lowered their car and didn't get an alignment afterwards. Said his steering was straight and didn't notice any difference for needing an alignment. I always thought that anytime suspension or steering parts were replaced, an alignment would be needed in order to get everything back to where they should be.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Figured as much. Somebody told me they lowered their car and didn't get an alignment afterwards. Said his steering was straight and didn't notice any difference for needing an alignment. I always thought that anytime suspension or steering parts were replaced, an alignment would be needed in order to get everything back to where they should be.
It's always good practice and preventative practice to get an alignment after any suspension modifications. Sometimes, you won't need it as things will still be straight, but it's always better to be safe than sorry IMO! After I lowered mine, I had an alignment and mine was pretty spot on and no adverse camber or toe..but don't regret having it done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be prepared for the possibility of your camber to be out of spec.
Got the alignment done today @ Goodyear, a week after installing the lowering springs. As you mentioned, the camber is out of spec. They said I would need a camber kit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the report I was given showing before and after measurements.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts