Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'll try and keep this short.
So I've been having an issue with my Charger, I have a 2018 Daytona 392 I bought "certified" preowned from a Dodge dealership here where I live. Something was a little fishy when I first bought the car they were very pushy to sell but that's how most dealers are so I thought nothing of it.

A couple weeks after getting the car I started having issues with it where the car wouldn't really pull in either direction when driving down the road but the steering wheel was a little to the left. It would be straight at a stop then slowly veer left above 20mph or so.

I took it to the dealer and explained the situation, I left my car in there and they called me saying "it needs an alignment". I asked them if they had put it up on the alignment rack to check they said no we just road tested it, putting it on alignment rack would be $130 + tax. I was like wow, so I took it to Firestone because they offer free alignment checks, and they actually put it up on alignment rack not just guess. Soon as they were done the guy came out, showed me paper and said take it to dealer right away. I'm attaching the paper, my camber was 0.1 on one side and -3.9 on the other. He said the only way it's that off is something is bent.

I found this post https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/steering-wheel-centering-issue.181970/ where the OP had a similar issue to me and finally the dealer installed camber bolts to fix it. I'm wondering if that might be my issue, could the camber be that off just because of that? I have to go back to the dealer Tuesday to see what they can do, and hopefully cover it under warranty because the vehicle only has 12K miles on it and they supposedly "certified it".

What are your thoughts? Please let me know what you think and if I should fight the dealer to fix it, I'll lawyer up if I have to because it's illegal for them to sell a car that was messed up right? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The dealership claims the car passed a dealer certified inspection prior to the sale. If so, ask them for their 4-wheel alignment report to compare with the one you have from Firestone. Something could be bent but the legal question will be was it bent prior to or after the sale. Do you have a Carfax report showing any prior accidents/repairs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership claims the car passed a dealer certified inspection prior to the sale. If so, ask them for their 4-wheel alignment report to compare with the one you have from Firestone. Something could be bent but the legal question will be was it bent prior to or after the sale. Do you have a Carfax report showing any prior accidents/repairs?
I’m going back to the dealer on Tuesday to get a copy of their prior to sale inspection. From what the service rep told me when I took it in the first time they don’t check the alignment prior to sale they only road test it which surprised me... I’m also gonna try and open a star case with Dodge. I do have the car fax which was a little weird but no accidents. Whoever had it before me did manage to put 10k miles on it in two months which was strange but didn’t think much of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts