Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these 392 HEMI covers and after a few months I just noticed there was a difference between the factory "powered by srt" one and this one. The 392 hemi one appeared to be broken but I seen others like it. Is there a 392 hemi one that dont look like this.
20200629_152401.jpg
20200629_152321.jpg

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I believe those are the covers for a Durango SRT which has the lettering "392 Hemi" whereas the Jeep SRT's had the "6.4L Hemi"....the ones I believe you are looking for are original Scat Pack ones which is the one pictured in the first picture and no there shouldn't be any cuts...looks like the person you got them from might have tried to modify them to fit their application...

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
I believe those are the covers for a Durango SRT which has the lettering "392 Hemi" whereas the Jeep SRT's had the "6.4L Hemi"....the ones I believe you are looking for are original Scat Pack ones which is the one pictured in the first picture and no there shouldn't be any cuts...looks like the person you got them from might have tried to modify them to fit their application...
That is my thought, modified .

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That's broken. Someone cut it for hose clearance there. The covers are all shaped the same, the only one that is physically an oddball is for Scat Shakers, like so:

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
That's broken. Someone cut it for hose clearance there. The covers are all shaped the same, the only one that is physically an oddball is for Scat Shakers, like so:

View attachment 121351
I think that may have been a 1 year deal. My 16 and friends 17 and 18 do not have one on the drivers side.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Just went to Mopar online parts and pulled up a picture of the engine covers and the picture showed the driver side 392 hemi with the unusual cut out..

·
Registered
329 Posts

Or if you want just the one:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Or if you want just the one:

Thank you but I found one little bit ago and ordered it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts