Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched throghout the forumz, but I have not been able to find an answer to a question. I listen to a lot of AM talk radio, but I can't seem to get any local AM station to tune in. Does anyone else have this problem? All I hear is static-- I can't hear Rush, Glenn, Savage, Neil, Sean, etc. while I'm driving around. Is this just a problem with my vehicle or have you guys had similar issues?
JL

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
I've had no radio problems - but I have to say; I can't remember ever wanting to tune into an AM station!:D
Just kidding with ya!
In all seriousness - the Chargers must have had some antennae issues or they wouldn't have mounted the big roof antennae in the 07's (I believe it was the '07's wasn't it?).
What year do you have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2007. It has the small antenna, but I have seen the extension atop other chargers...maybe 2008 they started. I will probably just take it into my local car audio retailer to have them check it out. I am officially old now that I only listen to my old CD's and AM radio!
thanks!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
To be honest, I have yet to try AM... I have the in glass antenna on my 07 sxt... I'm going out in a bit, I'll check and see if I get AM...

The only thing that I can think of that would do it is if you have an aftermarket sirius unit with a direct connection. If it is anything but a direct connect then it would be normal, but the direct connection units interrupt all AM signal. If you do have this, turn off the Sirius unit to get your AM back.

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
Is your rear window tinted with a metallic film? My AM reception was perfect until I tinted my windows... I don't really care though... I hardly ever listed to the radio anyway.

·
Draaaaaws!
1,483 Posts
My AM is nothing but static and FM is a bit choppy as well. I have an 07 with one of the flat radio antennas. Never pursued because I listen to neither.

·
9,646 Posts
I have searched throghout the forumz, but I have not been able to find an answer to a question. I listen to a lot of AM talk radio, but I can't seem to get any local AM station to tune in. Does anyone else have this problem? All I hear is static-- I can't hear Rush, Glenn, Savage, Neil, Sean, etc. while I'm driving around. Is this just a problem with my vehicle or have you guys had similar issues?
JL
Your car is trying to protect you:D. J/K

I was thinking the same thng about the tint. I tried to pick up a AM a while back (game was on) and it didnt' come in. I kind of wrote off not being able to get that station because of the tint, but I can't remember how many stations I tried. Maybe it is a bigger issue than I thought. If you take it somewhere I'm curious what they tell you.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Same issue in both our 06's. It's dissapointing but not a major concern.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys-- not a huge concern for me now either now that i drive with the windows down to hear the much better sound of my exhaust!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts