Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fans are you guys using? Where to get them? Whats the cheapest?

·
Registered
557 Posts
i use a cylinder fan that i purchased from audio sound for $80. It works really good.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I know people that have bought them at Radio Shack. They said they worked good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You only have one? How many amps are you running?
i had the fan on the bigger amp i had running my subs. you can run one per amp though. i had to run a relay to have the fan come on with the key though. they do work nice too.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
i had the fan on the bigger amp i had running my subs. you can run one per amp though. i had to run a relay to have the fan come on with the key though. they do work nice too.
Why a relay? You can just tap in to the remote wire. That way it turns on and off with the amp. Thats the way I used to do it when I did installs.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why a relay? You can just tap in to the remote wire. That way it turns on and off with the amp. Thats the way I used to do it when I did installs.

I don't know how my installer will set up my fans but tapping into the remote seems best and thats what i am going to tell him to do. I just want to get the fans myself so I am not overcharged. I have bought all my equipment myself because I don't wanna be raped by the shop. Trying to save as much bread as possible.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have hooked up a few fans but the last one I got I couldnt hook it up that way. It was heavy duty and when I hooked it up the first time using the remote wire it wouldnt cut off. But when I got the relay it worked fine

·
Brick killed a guy!
2,733 Posts
I don't know how my installer will set up my fans but tapping into the remote seems best and thats what i am going to tell him to do. I just want to get the fans myself so I am not overcharged. I have bought all my equipment myself because I don't wanna be raped by the shop. Trying to save as much bread as possible.

Using a respectable shop in the area if there is one hopefully would not rape you on product, but anyways, the cylinder fans are nice cause they blow a wide stream of air across the amp/amps. I always used the regular square fans and i to used the remote turn on with them or on a switch depends on your install and what look you are going with.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Using a respectable shop in the area if there is one hopefully would not rape you on product, but anyways, the cylinder fans are nice cause they blow a wide stream of air across the amp/amps. I always used the regular square fans and i to used the remote turn on with them or on a switch depends on your install and what look you are going with.

You are right, I didn't mean rape, but I hate paying the in store mark up so I just get from other places to save money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts