Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering installing a amp and sub in the trunk of my 11 RT and pulled some of the trunk panels to look at the wiring and saw the previous owner had a PAC SNI-15. They tapped into what looks to be a factory sub in the rear panel, Im guessing anyways. (Question 1)Is this ok? Can I just go ahead and use what is here? I saw some posts where people taped into the front speakers instead of the rear? (Question 2)Also Im not sure what the unused wires on the PAC are for, if anyone knows? (Question 3) Where are people tapping into for remote turn on in the trunk? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should be able to use it.
Rear taps get filtered bass some people do not notice it others do. I recommend something like the PAC C2A-CHY5 it produces non filtered bass signal.

Also check out the manufactures web site and read up on the device you have with the wire question. They have the information on there.

The fuse box in the battery area for the remote turn on, again the C2A-CHY5 proved a remote turn on wire.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The PAC 15 is a simple line out converter.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=778&CategoryID=28

it takes a speaker level input and converts to RCA for an amp. It does no filtering of its own. The only filtering would come from the factory amp's crossover settings.

The C2A-CHY5 mentioned is different. It is meant to intercept the audio that would go to the factory amp and, as mentioned, provided a full range signal. That is more helpful if you want to provide full aftermarket amplification. If you just want to run a sub the pac module that is already there will get the job done. If you want to step up at some later point then the 2nd option would be a better way to go.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Use the Cigarette fuse on top right its the one that is by itself (in the trunk beside the battery).it will turn off when car is on off . will have power on ACC and RUN.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts