Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesi know my blue hids are illegal and ive gotten a ticket for them but the only person who seems to give a **** is this ass**** cop who site in front of my neighborhood and waits for me to leave and yesterday he followed my gf to the gym because she was driving my car parked next to my car outside and waited an hour for her to finish her workout and when she gets in the car he flips his lights on and tells her to turn on the headlights and sees i still havent changed them. and he tells her he could take her to jail because this is the 3rd time he pulled the car over for this violation. i wanted to know if this is is right because everytime i leave my house i feel as if i will be harrassed by him even when my lights arent even on. i would change them but i dont have the money to spend on my car right now because my son just had emergency surgery and im still paying all his medical bills and all of our other expenses because my gf is watching our son.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son.I hope all is well with him.That cop should be turned in for harassment,I dont know the laws,but if your lights are not on how does he have a right to pull you over.I would go to the station and ask to talk to his supervisor.I would think if you dont drive when you need the lights they cant say anything.Good luck to you and keep us posted.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Sorry to hear about your son.I hope all is well with him.That cop should be turned in for harassment,I dont know the laws,but if your lights are not on how does he have a right to pull you over.I would go to the station and ask to talk to his supervisor.I would think if you dont drive when you need the lights they cant say anything.Good luck to you and keep us posted.

I agree, it sounds like harassment to me as well.. I would go and talk to his superviser..

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Yep harassment. Has he gave you a ticket yet?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are exactly the pooints i thought but my friends are like you cant report a cop i was like bull****

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
yaa 101 dollar ticket

damn, thats crazy. I seen a guy around here with pink hids and another cat with green hids...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had like purple and i got pulled but the cop was pretty cool and said im sorry for the inconvenience but after a close look your lights are legal but when i got my blue ones its like a cop magnet because red and blue lights are reserved for emergency vehicles

·
Registered
270 Posts
It must be a slow area in FL for this a-hole to be messing with you like that, unfortunately there is some cops like him out there. Not sure if talking to his super would do any good but give it a try and I think it might be best in the long run to change the Hids if he keeps harassing you, it's brob cheaper than going to jail and dealing with all that mess afterwards. Good luck man

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Something shady is going on there, talk to his Super, its not correct. Always remember that even though they are officials, there are imperfections out there, never hesitate to report crap like this. ive been stopped without reason maybe twice, and then they asked me to pull up my front windows. I was like "Why? they were down" and they just continue talking to me and let me go. Anyways bro, thats shady.

·
Registered
73 Posts
damn straight report him!!!, i had a cop pull me over 4 times for doing absolutely nothing,i did have chrome 22" rims but that was it. and i was out all 4 times with my gf and he pulled me over and asked me the dumbest questions like, why do you have this car? where did u get it from? why did u want this car?why did you buy these rims? are your parents still married and live together? and some other dumb and irrelevant questions that had nothing to do with me being pulled over. so i told my dad who is a police officer as well and he called the precinct and talked to a supervisor and the officer was reprimanded for his actions and i was never bothered again. i have deep blue h.i.d.s as well and so does everyone around my area and i haven't had a problem. and amp they sell just replacement bulbs on eBay for like $15 shipped, i got a set in 6k which is bright white. and if you get a bright white set then they wont be blue and has nothing on you then. hope this helps -Dom

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Catch him parked and put bananas in his tail pipe. lol

Report that clown...he is mad he does not have a Charger.

·
Registered
972 Posts
......he is mad he does not have a Charger.
I think that really does sound like the case. Of course I never have that problem because the only thing I get to drive (unless I get to drive Mamba) that's newer than an 86 model is the Yaris and let's face it, no one's jealous of that :shakehead:

Dan

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Florida does have a law that states you can't have blue lights as you state but for him to sit and wait for the car is not right. Every agtancy should have something close to what's called a citizen complaint form. Call the agency and see how you can get one. You are the one with the illegal lights and they are blue. We tend to take those seriously. Fake cops put blue lights on their cars and make the real cops jobs that much more of a nightmare. So why don't you change them and then fill out the complant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just so you know most states have some kind statue that states an officer can't wait for more then a "reasonable" amount of time to conduct a traffic stop. a "reasonable" amount of time usually isn't defined clear enough but its with in mins of the infraction. as well ALL states have laws on officers not being able to "cherry pick". it is illegal for officers to do so and is considered entrapment. look up your local and state laws, go to the desk sgt and ask to file a complaint. all agencies have these complaint forms and all agencies must perform an investigation. make sure you document this officer with your cell phone camera or with statements from other individuals who can add more weight to your complaint.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In the end, your going to have to remove the HIDs, because its not legal.
Headlight bulbs are less then $20, and you probably knew they were illegal when you installed 'em.

Not saying what he's doing is right at all, but he wouldn't be bothering you if you were legal man!

·
Registered
50 Posts
just so you know most states have some kind statue that states an officer can't wait for more then a "reasonable" amount of time to conduct a traffic stop. a "reasonable" amount of time usually isn't defined clear enough but its with in mins of the infraction. as well ALL states have laws on officers not being able to "cherry pick". it is illegal for officers to do so and is considered entrapment. look up your local and state laws, go to the desk sgt and ask to file a complaint. all agencies have these complaint forms and all agencies must perform an investigation. make sure you document this officer with your cell phone camera or with statements from other individuals who can add more weight to your complaint.
The procedural law you are thinking about has to do with moving violations, not safety equipment violations which is what HIDs are. An officer can ticket a violator or give a "repair order", his discretion. At least thats how it is in my jurisdiction.

That fact that he has stopped you multiple times and you have not correctly the safety violation will make it very hard for any type of complaint to be sustained against him. The statute allows for him to stop you whenever he sees your vehicle in its illegal condition. It sucks and may appear to be harrassment but the fact is that he has a legal right to stop the vehicle because it is equipped with illegal accessories (probable cause). Attitude goes a long way, if you level with him he may leave you alone and let you keep your mod. Trust me I speak from experience, safety violations arent on an officer's short list of crimes to pay attention to. You must have struck a nerve with him somewhere. I'm sure you arent the only person with that mod in your area and he is choosing to enforce that law on you for some reason. Are you respectful during the stops, is he being unprofessional on the stops? Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with everything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts