Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll wait until August 24 and hope that my car doesn't spontaneously burn while driving.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
136 Posts
i bet my 14 will not be in this recall either or they will tell me i do not have enough miles on my car for this to affect it, but even through i get the battery savor mode 2 to 4 times a week. hurry up an wait to see

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Well, I referenced the reliability index from consumer reports. Regardless, going on your links being in the bottom four or fifth in a list of ten isn't exactly something to be proud of haha.

I mean come on, I love my Charger but it isn't exactly a secret that they are built pretty shitty. Quality materials and craftsmanship aren't hallmarks of the Chrysler/Dodge brand. Ive had what, four recalls in the three years I've owned it? I've had my whole taillight assembly replaced due to faulty LED's. The left arm rest on the driver's side door collapsed (wha?!). Issues with the window regulator just not working anymore. It goes up quarter of the way and goes back down. Fantastic in the winter!

There are many detailing ridiculous issues here and elsewhere on the internet. Like I said I love this car and there is a possibility I would buy another one (a lot of that leans on the fact my 6'9" frame fits so nicely in this car) when I'm finished with this one, but I also can't just ignore the many issues with quality Dodge has.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I bought my Daytona Charger in May 2013 and have over 107,000 miles on it with no such issues or recalls except for the wheel chocks for jacking up the car thing. You must be rough on your car to collapse the door armrest! I drive during the daytime with my parking lights on so that my rear LED's are visible every day and so far have had no issues with the rear lights. I feel like my car is very well built, runs smoothly and with little road noise. You won't find any makes without some issues but I have no complaint with my Chargers.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I bought my Daytona Charger in May 2013 and have over 107,000 miles on it with no such issues or recalls except for the wheel chocks for jacking up the car thing. You must be rough on your car to collapse the door armrest! I drive during the daytime with my parking lights on so that my rear LED's are visible every day and so far have had no issues with the rear lights. I feel like my car is very well built, runs smoothly and with little road noise. You won't find any makes without some issues but I have no complaint with my Chargers.
I agree. My 2013 R/T had the air bag deployment and wheel choks recalls that's all. As for the alternator, Thanks dodge for the fresh alternator! If I get called in.
I just missed the timing chain recall as it did bleed into the 2013's a little.

I don't fret recalls. I come from a time when they didn't have them and you just got stuck with it.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I have had very good luck with my 2015 Charger as well. I also drive with my parking lights on (I like the looks of the DRLs with fog lights, and the racetrack taillights). In the two+ years I've owned the car, I haven't had it back to the dealer yet. I've had much better reliability with this Charger than I did with my '06 Daytona (had to have the engine replaced at 7,000 miles).

·
Mopar 11 #921
402 Posts
I don't trust the stats. I'm 25 miles short of the 100k miles mark. I've only had the timing chain tensioner and lighting harness recalls done. I had an ABS sensor ring replaced. I replaced warped rotors (due to my driving on back roads I'm sure) with EBC slotted rotors 55k miles ago.

Hands down this has been the best car I've ever owned in performance and reliability. I drag race it, spray it, and put the hammer down every chance I get. I don't know that I can trade her in as much as I want a Hellcat. It's only worth $16k now realistically and trade in would be ridiculous. So I might go rebuild and 392 stroker soon (and get a used Hellcat of course!).

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yousound like me. What kind of spray setup?

·
Mopar 11 #921
402 Posts
Nitrous Outlet 80mm plate system, with Nitrous Express TPS/RPM window switch.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mercy! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I had to pay to replace my '11 5.7L alternator, I wonder if they will reimburse me for the cost if I provide receipts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried looking into this recall further? What are the alternator part numbers being recalled? I ask because my car just broke down due to alternator failure and my local dealership has estimated the cost to replace it over $1000. To me that's ridiculous! I have called customer care and the recall center. Keep getting the run around at first the dealership denied there was even a recall.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Neither dodge I own has a current recall. So I guess I'm good!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Has anyone tried looking into this recall further? What are the alternator part numbers being recalled? I ask because my car just broke down due to alternator failure and my local dealership has estimated the cost to replace it over $1000. To me that's ridiculous! I have called customer care and the recall center. Keep getting the run around at first the dealership denied there was even a recall.

Wow, yeah $1000 seems pretty damn high for an alternator swap.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Another May 2013 purchaser with 107,000 miles. Did the wheels chocks, and airbag calibration recall. For warranty, it's been slim. Just had the radiator replaced as it was starting to fail. Middle light is kaput, but I've just unplugged it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts