Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine come with the steel stick for supporting. This probably gonna be my first mod since I decided to end my modeling 2 months ago. :D Those struts definitely make it a lot sexier for the engine bay.

I just find one set for $52 online. Do you guys think it worth that much? Or do you have better suggestions?

Thanks!:3-smash:

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
My Daytona had the hood prop rod too its an 06, i installed the factory hood struts on mine.. One of my first mods and still one of my favorites..

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Daytona had the hood prop rod too its an 06, i installed the factory hood struts on mine.. One of my first mods and still one of my favorites..

Where did you buy it and what was the price?

Trying to compare for a best deal right now.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You can get the MOPAR struts for about 50 bucks. I bought the Redline Plus Hood Struts from SpeedLogix (a vender here) and I paid about 80 bucks.

The MOPAR struts use the pre existing holes and the Redlines require you to drill new holes.

I personally bought the Redlines for the looks...I am sure they are very similar in quality.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can get the MOPAR struts for about 50 bucks. I bought the Redline Plus Hood Struts from SpeedLogix (a vender here) and I paid about 80 bucks.

The MOPAR struts use the pre existing holes and the Redlines require you to drill new holes.

I personally bought the Redlines for the looks...I am sure they are very similar in quality.

Cool, thanks!:TU::TU::TU:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I really would like to buy some but I have a carbon hood really light in weight and I was asking myself how they will react with my hood. Anybody know a member who have that on is car!!!!:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just purchased a set for 50. Not bad.

For your question Cyrill, if the carbon hood is as strong as the original one in structure, I think it is OK. The pushing force of the strut should not be too much

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
ive been holding off on buying those for a bit, but i think i might get some soon. If the carbon fiber is lighter, i odnt think it will make much of a difference. maybe hood pins are in order?:D Ive seen them for about 50 bucks so that seems about right boss

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
The hood struts are a must have. It is a shame that they did not come on the Chargers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I really would like to buy some but I have a carbon hood really light in weight and I was asking myself how they will react with my hood. Anybody know a member who have that on is car!!!!:4-dontknow:
What hood is that cyrill? I've been looking at one of the trufiber oem srt hoods and it looks like the one I'm wanting to get, there's just not a whole lot of good pics out there of people with this hood installed.

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The hood struts are a must have. It is a shame that they did not come on the Chargers.
Yes, they should have come on all the Chargers. However, the SRT8's did come with hood struts, mine did. Why? I don't know. Maybe a way for Dodge to save $$$ and/or make $$$ by selling them to all the other Charger owners.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Yes, they should have come on all the Chargers. However, the SRT8's did come with hood struts, mine did. Why? I don't know. Maybe a way for Dodge to save $$$ and/or make $$$ by selling them to all the other Charger owners.

You rich guys got the 6.1, the brembos and HOOD STRUTS!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!:box2:

:D:D lol...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Def worth getting. My car has them and I can't believe they didn't come with the car. Gives you a little more head room to work with under the hood.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got mine at the LX Nats for 55.00 from Mancini Racing.

I don't think any engine bay that has been modded is complete without them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts