Dodge Charger Forum banner

Anti theft light

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Armando M. 
#1 ·
Hello out there charger world.. I'm here in need of help. The other day my 2010 charger randomly hit me with a flashing anti theft light. Causing the car not to crank or turn over. Been trying tons of different bypass methods. Even went as far as to getting a new key thinking maybe the key was dis programmed. Any ideas or suggestions?

#2 ·
I had this problem with a Pontiac Grand Prix. Turned out to be the main battery. New battery installed at the dealership and everything was working again.
There are several modules & sensors involved with the theft security system. You can plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any diagnostic codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all codes; not just Pxxxx Powertrain codes. This is because the codes associated with the theft security system are Bxxxx Body codes and Uxxxx Communication codes.

Reactions: Armando M.
#3 ·
I had this problem with a Pontiac Grand Prix. Turned out to be the main battery. New battery installed at the dealership and everything was working again.
There are several modules & sensors involved with the theft security system. You can plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any diagnostic codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all codes; not just Pxxxx Powertrain codes. This is because the codes associated with the theft security system are Bxxxx Body codes and Uxxxx Communication codes.

Thank you. I will try that. I did try using three obd2 n it wouldn't read.. stated something about bad key connection. Turn key off n wait ten seconds then turn key on. But that did nothing but tell me to repeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.