Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i need new tires on my Charger and can't decide between Pirelli tires or Yokohoma's. Any body know which brand has better performance and is most bang for its buck? Please post up which one you think is better and why. Please and thanks in advance.

Dodge Chargers!!!! USA!!! Merica!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My preference is Yokohama Parada Spec X. I can't say they're better though as I've never had a set of Pirelli's.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
I always liked Pirelli although I have not had any in years. The last ones were P6s and they were very good in rain and dry, only lasted about 25,000 miles but I ran the crap out of them.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
My co-worker has a set of Hankook tires on his A3. He's really happy with how they perform. Yokohama's are nice too, I had a set on one of my vehicles before.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've only ever used Yokohama Parada Spec-X's. I love how they grip in wet and dry. I've taken freeway offramp corners (that swirl to one direction) at 80+ mph before without barely chirping the tires. I've never fish tailed with them EVER. My only problem with them is for how I drive (I drive it like I stole it) they don't last very long. I get a year out of em...

I actually just ordered Atturo AZ800's and am going to try them out. They are "Ultra High Performance" tires, where as the Parada's are only "High Performance" so we'll see :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to get rid of the stock Michelin Pilot HX 235/55/18.
Just too noisy. Went with Yokohama Avid Acend. Quiet and handle well.
Happy with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When I bought my 06 in July, it had Pirelli Zeros all the way around, 245 I believe. NO Traction at all, nada, zip, zero. Made me scared to drive in any rain at all. Just a little bit too much throttle and I was spinning. and tehy ahd good tread left too. Then, tried to balance them...had a Hunter Roadforce balance done....2 of the 4 tires were so far out of spec, they could not balance them.
Replaced them with Michelin AS/3 sports; went with the staggered factory sizes....very happy with them. Good traction wet or dry, stick to the corners good, reasonable price, smooth ride.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can't go strictly by brand in tires any more than you can by cars. Your question is like "Should I buy a Dodge or a Chevy?" There are too many models.

Your best bet is go to Tire Rack and do your own research. There's tons of data there and it can be overwhelming, but they do many of their own tests and they have tons of customer feedback too.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I bought the Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires to replace the Michelins that came on my Daytona. I've been very pleased with the overall performance of the Yoko's. The dry handling is at least as good as the Michelins, and the wet handling is better. There is no comparison for winter driving. The Michelins were downright scary in the snow. The Yoko's are much better in snow. Not comparable to a good snow tire, but at least usable in the snow. I don't have a lot of miles on the tires, so I can't say how they'll wear, but the TireRack reviews were pretty positive for wear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts