Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dnt have alota money n i want my car to stand out. is there ne thing i can do to my car for somethin as small as 5hp or somethin to make it stand out?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
A cold air intake would be a good start.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u have to replace those every year? i think im gettin it confused wit a filter or somethin,.... and about how much faster u think itll make me?

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
A cold air intake would be a good start.
Yep what he said. and the filters are rechargable like the K&N's. go with the AFE or Airhammer. best bang for the buck. what kind of charger do you have. you may find out more information, in the section your in.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's not about how much faster it will make you, when you add it it will allow your car to breath better and you should get a few extra hp from it... now to get your car to go faster as in mph, you will need to do a little more then this.

·
Registered
495 Posts
A good, top of the line CAI will set you back a couple hundred bucks.

You can get cheaper on ebay - much cheaper.
I am not sure about dyno differences between the big names and the cheaper ones.

Other than CAI, maybe different headlight bulbs or tail lights?
You could paint your calipers for fairly cheap.
Window tint?

Without knowing how much you can afford to spend, its hard to give real accurate suggestions. All of the above can be done for less than $100.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Changing the Thermo Stat is probably the cheapest and quickest mod. I don't know about HP gain but you should have a more responsive motor

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Welcome to the family. I would start with the CAI. That is usually my first mod on any car.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
whats the thermo stat n how do i change it?
A Thermostat dictates how cool your motor operates. Do you have an R/T? I didn't notice the model you had. Anyways, you can buy a new thermo for $20-$30 bucks. I guess the type of Charger would determine which one you buy. A thermostat opens up a certain tempurate and allows coolant to circulate throw the engine block. The lower degree thermo you have, the sooner it will open, allowing fluid to travel through and keeping your block cooler. It you disconnect the radiator hose connecting to the engine block, you will see it seated right there. Hope this helps

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
The next step up in Modding HP would be a CAI or Exhaust. Personally, exhaust is what I would go for. Gives you a nice mean tone with a little extra juice and you can decide how much you want to spend. You can buy a premade catback system or just do a muffler swap(Cheaper Route, not as much HP gain usually). Also if you want you could make your own CAI if money is tight. You can buy and aftermarket filter like you see on alot of these CAIs out now and rig it up to your stock intake, I just don't know how handy you are. I guess that would really determine which route would be best

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow thnx for all that information, im taking alot of ideas cuz i dnt no wat to do to my car next. it is the base model of the car n its only a 2.7L =( but my rents got it for me and im not gona complain. today i ordered a 73 peice dash kit that should b hopfully a shiny black. ill put pics up once i put it in. again, thanks for all the ideas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts