Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the site. I have my motor out of my car. I'm ready to build my 426 Stroker. But I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping my motor. Anyone know of any good machine shops in Maryland. Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Try Precision Machine in Hyattsville. You might consider checking with HHP in Delaware. It’s not that far to go unless you live in Western MD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm going to go by precision tomorrow and feel them out. If I don't like the vibe then I have to drive an hour and a half the Delaware. I'm going to push a thousand horsepower through this thing so it has to be right. I'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to precision Friday to check the place out. It seems like a great machine shop. Its a family operations. So I drop my block off sat. He said he might have a dyno in the spring.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They did my machine work for my big blocks back in the early 70’s. I was getting 8,200 rpm’s out of my 440. I have not had any work done there for decades but they sure knew how to balance a motor back then! Of course, peak horsepower was at 7,000 but I always took it on up to 8,000 in 3rd gear.
364CFD1E-C1F6-462F-93A0-6CDF0A335059.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats assume! And a cool pic. I'm going to see if they still have it. I'm doing the works on this motor. And I want to spin it up to 7500 and its a 426 stroker.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This was my 426 that I had in the car back in the 80’s. Old school was pretty cool back then but nothing like what’s out there today.
7981D086-6CE5-46DB-AF2F-488C9B0E22B0.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts