Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so basically I want to know what I can do or should do for my 3.6. My 3 year plan is 392 swap from Cleveland PAP but While I do some mods to prepare my car for a v8 with supporting mods should I maximize NA performance?
I already installed SRT brembos from Cleveland PAP to help stop this boat.
Performance wise. Have a Diablo Trinity 2 (has overkill and diablotoona tunes)
K&N 63 series CAI and removed intake resonator
Pypes Catback
Tazer
I want to know what can i do to have a peppier acceleration not sure if just my heavy staggered setup is slowing me down 245/45/20 f 275/40/20 r
Would a larger throttle body be that noticeable?

Or should I just stick to 392 preperation mods like beefier sway bars, bilsteins , diff swap etc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What octane is your tune? 91/93oct tunes will put down a bit more power than 87oct tunes.
If you can isolate the K&N 63 air box a little better so it pulls more air from the stock potition and less warm air from the engine bay, that should help.
Ported throttle body IMO is good for ~2-5hp. As for throttle response, when I installed it my reaction was “yeah, I THINK it’s better.. but I could be wrong”
Tire size shouldn’t do much unless they’re quite a bit heavier. I’d imagine adding 20lbs/wheel wouldn’t slow you down more than having an extra person in the car? Regardless, moving from 245 to 305 allowed me to basically eliminate wheel spin which drop my 0-60 by 0.4seconds.
You can tune for more throttle boost, and add a pedal commander to eliminate perceived lag..

But you’re at the point where adding a TB or ported intake or any other mod will hardly be noticeable in the real world(power wise). If you’re not satisfied with your current setup, and saving your money helps you get a 392 faster, then I’d say save for the 392(or a supercharger). Because no NA 3.6 is going to even come close to a 392...(just my opinion though)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What octane is your tune? 91/93oct tunes will put down a bit more power than 87oct tunes.
If you can isolate the K&N 63 air box a little better so it pulls more air from the stock potition and less warm air from the engine bay, that should help.
Ported throttle body IMO is good for ~2-5hp. As for throttle response, when I installed it my reaction was “yeah, I THINK it’s better.. but I could be wrong”
Tire size shouldn’t do much unless they’re quite a bit heavier. I’d imagine adding 20lbs/wheel wouldn’t slow you down more than having an extra person in the car? Regardless, moving from 245 to 305 allowed me to basically eliminate wheel spin which drop my 0-60 by 0.4seconds.
You can tune for more throttle boost, and add a pedal commander to eliminate perceived lag..

But you’re at the point where adding a TB or ported intake or any other mod will hardly be noticeable in the real world(power wise). If you’re not satisfied with your current setup, and saving your money helps you get a 392 faster, then I’d say save for the 392(or a supercharger). Because no NA 3.6 is going to even come close to a 392...(just my opinion though)
Yeah I’ve been using 93 tunes only on my car for about 3 years now. I have the K&N pretty isolated plus I have a functional air ram hood so it dumps air right above the intake. So I’m guessing that’s even better then the factory intake. Plus there is no intake resonator below the intake anymore.
I had only been curious on installing the 180 tstat and ported or larger throttle body to finish off my 3.6 build.
Actually with my 275s i have no wheel spin.
And diablotoona told me he had worked the curve in my setup so that there is no reason to boost the throttle.

And ofcourse a NA 3.6 won’t ever come close to a 392 unless it’s mounted to a fiat 500 lol. But just not sure if I should do the diff swap now to see the differences or do it at the same time ass the 392 swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts