Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i'm looking into getting a pair of these doors for my charger. From a couple of sources, i hear that LSD lambo doors are the best in the business and all the other brands are knockoffs. I really want to get a pair but just want to get opinions from charger experts that have dealt with these before i make any moves. I heard that kits go for about 2500 bucks.. Please post up if you know anything about these.

Have you had problem with the LSD's on your Charger?
Is it hard to install?
Does a full kit cost 2500 bucks?
Can anyone in the Austin, TX area install these for me?
How much would it cost to have a mechanic install these doors?

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Man, I've been on the fence about these for a loooong time now. Because I've seen those that didn't seem to go all the way up and those that do. I would think that it's a pretty simple install based on it being on hinges that you're replacing. A good friend and the right tools=success. But, I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Oh below is a link to a guy that bolted them on himself in the driveway.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMshHWZizIg]How to install Dodge Charger bolt on lambo door installation Vertical Doors install - YouTube[/URL]

·
Registered
286 Posts
yea LSD and VDI you can't go wrong with either. I had been on the fence until my local shop showed me a kit they installed on a Dodge Challenger. I like that it opens normal for everyday use and you can lift when you want to stunt!

You can get LSD kits cheaper same with VDI by calling the manufacturer and expressing interest. When I called about asking a difference to VDI with their "BOLD KITS" which are cheaper than their normal kits by the end of the conversation he told me if I'm interested he was willing to work with me on a price I wanted to pay as long as its fair. I've seen guys get these kits alot cheaper than $2600

Tuner Racing in Katy, Texas is an authorized dealer
Progressive Auto Sport in Houston, Texas is another one

(Both according to LSD website)

Good thing is I think both of these kits are lifetime warranty unlike cheap ones on ebay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts