Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday went pretty well with Ross (GreenKing) doing the install on my halos. We had one hold up with some solder that was causing a bad connection, but that was fixed.

Got everything put back together, and ready to put into the multifunction controller box for the dimmer, flash, etc of the halos. So they looked up the wiring diagrams for both the 1st and 2nd group buy and tested both...nothing. So they tested it without the controller box and the halos came on just fine. They ended up trying several different setups and could not get the remote to function at all. Nothing would turn on, or use any of the functions. Ross ended up hooking it up to a temporary toggle switch so I can use the lights, and get home, but was hoping someone had some ideas as to why it's not working.

Suggestions were, wiring wrong. But they tried both sets of diagrams and others they thought would work and nothing.

Also thought it might be the wrong box that was sent to me since on top it says "multifunction remote" but on the side it says "N D R G B D" So it was thought that this was the box for the multi color change halos and not the single (which is what I have).

Can the remote box go bad?

I started thinking about something else after I left too. When we were closing everything up, and closed the hood, my 15" v2 scanner bars inside the hood scoop were on. Ross asked if I had turn them on, and I figured I had hit the button of the remote in my pocket. After I was on the road I remembered what the setting it was on, and it had changed. Also, started wondering how I hit the button since there is a cover on it (unless it slid open some how). Almost like when I was testing the remote for the multifunction it was turning on the scanner and changing the modes in it. Is this possible?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I can finish the install and use the remote to turn them on & off. Here is a pic of the box that I have:

·
Registered
926 Posts
yea then sent you the wrong controller bro thats the colorshift rgb remote box...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea then sent you the wrong controller bro thats the colorshift rgb remote box...
Nice, not what I really wanted to hear but at least that solves the problem. Landon is the one, I believe, that thought this first. So looks like he nailed it.

AAC help? haha

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
yep that is the wrong box for yours :wow:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep that is the wrong box for yours :wow:
Glad to know the 14 different ways that were tried to make it work, wouldn't have mattered any way - LOL

So now, I need to get with AAC and get the correct remote box so I can use the halos as intended.

·
Registered
926 Posts
just give em a call tommorrow theyll exchange it for ya..They sent me a multifunction with a 4-channel sticker on it which is what i was supposed to get but it just so happened i got it to work with my duals so I didnt bother changin it out

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I don't doubt they will change it out. I've gotten a few different things from them and always been treated right. It's just the fact of not having it to use right now, when I thought I could...I wanna plaaaaay - hahahaha

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an FYI: I just tested the multifunction remote against my scanners in the hood scoop, and they do in fact activate and change modes using that remote. I'm sure this would cause some big problems for those they have scanners as well as the color changing halos since they seem to be on the same frequency.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Haha well be thankful your still in good shape ,, 3 of my LEDs burned out already a month after I got them in :(

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well actually 3 of mine were burnt out as well, or so we thought. There was one that had come lose from the solder. One of the guys resoldered it and it came back and has worked since. Granted it's only been about 24 hours, but it wouldn't work at all at first and now does :)

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
We had more control box drama today but figured it out, I hope you made it thru the workday.... I have had 15 hours of sleep in the last 4 days so I am off to bed!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had more control box drama today but figured it out, I hope you made it thru the workday.... I have had 15 hours of sleep in the last 4 days so I am off to bed!
Wow, really? Was it the wrong box and you made it work or something else? Yeah I made it through it...barely - haha I had stuff to do with the family after I got off work, so went just under straight 40 hours without sleep!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
It was the correct box but we could not find a wiring diagram. Finally decided the bock needed the ground fed to it like yours. Then found out the 1st channel was fried but the rest of them work. Dang bro 40hrs must have been rough. I know I fell like I have sand under my eyelids this morning lol. I bet your son was happy to see them working!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well glad you got it all figured out. Rhonda said she really likes the blue halos! haha

I sent Jonathon a PM, so I'm hoping to get this taken care of today sometime so I can get the correct remote box and everything hooked up. I've already had people ask about them, it's great! haha

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good deal, I have pics I am gonna post but I gotta wait till I get off work
Oh, leave me in suspense why don't ya - LOL Cool, are they of the weekend, or do you have some shots of it all done?

I have some pics too, that I'm actually getting ready to post. They are mainly of Ross at work though. Had a fun time meeting everyone, and looking forward to the Midwest Meet!!

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
No it is pics of the whole weekend. It was great to meet you and your family. We will see you in July if not sooner.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
After looking into this you did receive the correct remote box; they all have RGB near the plug. There is a change that it could be wired incorrectly causing problems with the box. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and I will assist you.

If you do not mind please PM me your cell number so I can give you a call back.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts