anyone else have "your vehicle is not supported" intune i2?

Discussion in 'Diablo Predator, InTune, Trinity Questions & Info!' started by stormr, May 18, 2017.

1. stormr

stormr New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Yea finally broke down and bought a tuner. I've had a diablosprt predator for an old mustang I had, so I knew I wanted a diablosprt tuner. So I bought it on friday from summit racing, made sure it was correct version for my '14 charger r/t. it arrives yesturday, I follow the directions as I always do, installed any updates.

So I wake up today, excited to go out and change a couple things on my car, Plug it in, put my button to run. Wait for it to go through it's screens, getting mroe excited.... Then "Your vehicle is currently not supported" pops up. Biggest disappointment I've had this year!

Now I am a little pissed and although I did contact diablosport about it and have to wait for a response, which who knows how long that will. I am kind of put off now on even bothering with wasting countless money on mods on my car now.

So anyone else have this issue and get it sorted out in a reasonable time? Or figure out something I don't know as a workaround?

2. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I assume you have the inTune i2 (i2010). I got a message first time I plugged mine in. It was a "not supported" or "not compatible" type message (I don't remember the exact wording). Anyway, the fix was to update the programmer again and plug it into the car. Apparently the programmer gets updated with a compatible factory tune and loads it to the car. I let the programmer run until it was done with the compatibility update. Afterwards, everything worked as advertised.
    I used the Advanced Tune menus to load the 91-octane tune and some Modified Parameters (disable MDS, change cooling fan settings, etc ...). Programmer saved the factory tune backup and loaded my tune. Later I loaded a custom tune from HemiFever and collected some data logs. Everything is working good.

3. stormr

stormr New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Currently in talks with diablosport. But mine updated once then there is no update options now. And the update executable file disappeared after its update. It just assumes its updated now.

Also i had to send them the info.xml file so they could look into it.

4. behindbars1544

behindbars1544 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger R/T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Same here. Got mine today for my 2011 R/T AWD. Plug it in just to get the "Not compatible with your vehicle" message. Gonna try again tomorrow. Had a trinity on my 2006 R/T and even though it did make the car preform better it caused other issues with some of the electronics.

stormr likes this.
  5. stormr

stormr New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    You'll have to e-mail them about the issue.

for me, they were fast to respond, well a few days later anyways. They sent me a file to drag into the root folder and it worked after that. But however I still feel there is something wrong since I get a wierd transmission alert message whenever its plugged in, and the tune doesn't feel like it does anything. The trans doesn't shift any firmer with the trans firmness increased and my gas mileage and the way the car feels hasn't changed at all after turning off the msd. Plus after loading the tune I have no 'modify parameters option. and if I check into the quick adjust it always shows an * next to msd on instead of off. Always forgetting to e-mail them about the issue. also part of that wierd message I get tells me to push in the clutch to start the car. I need to get this straightened out. I don't think I'll be using diablosport on any other cars in the future.

6. behindbars1544

behindbars1544 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger R/T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Did an update and it now loads but I noticed there are very few things I can do with the intune vs the trinity I had. Seems like I can load the 91 octane tune but cannot customize any parameters. It only lets me do it for the stock tune. It also keeps shutting down my Bluetooth on my uconnect. So far, not impressed.....

7. stormr

stormr New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Mine did the exact same thing. I had no modify parameters tab. I contacted support and amber went over a few things and had me update it again through the ignition software and it works now.

8. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    You also get more parameters to modify if you use Advanced Tune instead of Easy Tune or Quick Adjustments. The Advanced Tune menus has a Modify Parameters where you can access more parameters than what's listed with Quick Adjustments. I've always used the Advanced Tune menus without any issues.

Shooterjgs likes this.
  9. stormr

stormr New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I think he's having the same issue I did where after you load the tune from the advanced tune menu, then afterwards there is no modify parameters tab. Mine fixed after the most recent update.