Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I have a 2016 Charger SRT 392 w/ heated and ventilated seats and i bought an interior from a 2018 Charger SRT 392 with the same exact options, drivers side heated seat doesnt work and airbag light comes on for the driver AND the passenger side, some guy on the facebook group told me to repin the connectors. I have both wiring diagrams with a view of the pins but am unsure if i have to repin both the driver and the passenger side seats from the main yellow connector.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You always repin the seats to match the car and yes you most likely will, but since you have both wiring diagrams you can compare wire colors for function. Be gentle taking apart the conenctors and popping the pins out. Once you've verified wiring match up you may need to have the passenger side weight sensors recalibrated. I swapped 2008 R/T seats into a 2006 R/T, that was a pain in the ass. Putting 2012 seats into my 03 Ram was a breeze though; much less complicated lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You always repin the seats to match the car and yes you most likely will, but since you have both wiring diagrams you can compare wire colors for function. Be gentle taking apart the conenctors and popping the pins out. Once you've verified wiring match up you may need to have the passenger side weight sensors recalibrated. I swapped 2008 R/T seats into a 2006 R/T, that was a pain in the ass. Putting 2012 seats into my 03 Ram was a breeze though; much less complicated lol.
One of the pins didnt match up, is the wiring supposed to be the same color on the original seat as the harness that is coming out of the car?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Not necessarily, especially with different years; did you not compare the diagrams ahead of time?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
what exactly is repinning And how do you do it?
Repinning is when you pull a connector apart in order to either rearrange the pins to match the new part or to insert pins into a new connector to match. There's a retainer piece that has to come out before the pins can be pulled out. If you aren't careful you can easily break things lol.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you get the right tool for repinning, it's a lot easier.
True, but it can be done quite easily with a jeweler's screwdriver set and a pair of semi-sharp tweezers. Served me well for three LX's and my truck lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are the plugs on the parts in the seat all the same? I put 2013 seats in my 2014 and the main plugs to the car were different but everything in the seats themselves were the same so I swapped the wiring harness on the seats instead of re pinning everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts