Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has undergone many upgrades and I just got it home about two weeks ago from the last evolution. Now I'm starting to have concerns about my cam choice and the general build itself. The car is a 2006 Daytona, started with a 5.7 with a Whipple, now it's a stroked 392 all forged, long tube headers with 3" exhaust all the way out the back, 850cc injectors, upgraded fuel pump, HC throttle body, head work Paramount trans upgrade, and a wonderful old school sound camshaft. During the tuning process, the stock tensioner failed two or three times before being upgraded to a billet one, the power steering pulley shattered accouple times as well I had a aluminum one custom made 1/8" smaller OD to prevent any further damage. I finally get my car back, drive it a couple days and the Gates tensioner pulley flies apart. I'm hearing from some guys that the cam is too big. If anyone has any information or suggestions I'm all ears. I have a video of the car idling on my phone I can post if allowed to post vids.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noticed my post was moved to Charger Performance Mods-Engine - 6.4L Hemi, to be clear my engine is a 5.7L Heim that has been stroked to a 392.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts