Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With everything going on I am thinking about having my car shipped to me. It is 5 hours drive time to my house from the dealership. Just trying to get an idea what the cost may be?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Back in 2012 when I bought my 2013 RT from Steve White Motors, they drove it down here (North-Central Florida) from North Carolina. Bought it over the phone on Saturday, transferred funds from my credit union on Monday, had it here Thursday. Would have been sooner if their drivers hadn't been already delivering to other states. The easiest and most pleasant car buying experience I ever had. And believe me, I've bought more than a few over the years. They gave me a choice of free delivery, or one free 1-way plane ticket to them. Plus they pick you up at the airport!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've had two cars shipped to me, about 1000 miles for each one. I did it because it was winter and they came with summer tires. They both were only $450 - $500, so I'd guess a few hundred at the most? If you do have it shipped, DEMAND that they put a cover over it; even a cheaper one will work. My first one needed a LOT of cleaning after the trip from Dallas to WI. If you live central USA, no problem for a $50 ticket and get it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With everything going on I am thinking about having my car shipped to me. It is 5 hours drive time to my house from the dealership. Just trying to get an idea what the cost may be?
I ordered my wide body scat from a dealership here in AK on 3/21, they sent me the D1 today (3/25/2020), with an anticipated delivery of 5/29. This is only tenative, and I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep came about 1200 miles and cost me about 750$

No complaints at all, they did a great job. Only snag was getting it picked up. Dealer was closed when driver got there so they had to reschedule pickup.

Next time they were there early, and I got the car delivered down the street (came on a semi so couldn't get down my street) 2 days later. Place did a great job, sure beat flying there and driving back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts