Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently gained interest into modding and wanted to know what performance parts could I get my hands on. I'm fairly new to this forum and mods, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The 3.6 is not a mod-friendly engine. It puts out more than 80 HP per liter from the factory, which is more than any other Charger engine except the Hellcat.

You can pick up about 8 HP by replacing the single-into-dual splitter exhaust with true duals. If money's tight, look for a used OEM take-off exhaust system from an R/T. If it's in your budget, the Solo Mach XV is pretty much the gold standard.

Other than that, you can probably tweak another couple of HP with a handheld tuner, but I wouldn't recommend it. A 2019 has a locked PCM, so you'd be dropping a ton of money for an unlocked PCM, and very possibly losing what's left of your warranty.

Consider stepping up to R/T brakes (the BR5 package) the next time you need pads/rotors. The BR3 brakes on the SXT barely get the job done.

·
Registered
9 Posts

6 grand and your all set

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although I'd love to supercharge/turbocharge my car, I'll start small. I don't want to mess up a perfectly good engine. Yet... I'll build my way up.

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
1,621 Posts
Trade it in for the requisite number of cylinders that comes with the equipment to support it (like suspension, brakes, etc).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You said "Solid" performance mods. To some people thats a K&N air filter, and to others its forced induction, or Cam, or No2...... Not knocking the SXT's, they are peppy but not a car I would buy with substantial mods in mind.

Convert the brakes to BR5 if not already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You said "Solid" performance mods. To some people thats a K&N air filter, and to others its forced induction, or Cam, or No2...... Not knocking the SXT's, they are peppy but not a car I would buy with substantial mods in mind.

Convert the brakes to BR5 if not already.
I can see how it can be misleading, I just wanted to know what would be a good way to start modding my car for some extra HP. The brakes are on my list, but some of my friends are recommending me to buy a cold air intake or remove the resonators and such. Just wanted to see what other people think.

·
Registered
190 Posts
CIA is a waste if time and money, and the resonators are your friend fir sound and low end torque... Wont help yA really...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Becareful modding the V6 exhaust, very easily can be made to sound like ass.
Your buds have no idea or have been sucked into marketing BS. All a CAI and CB are going to get you are minimal if any HP, and a different sound experience driving the car which there is no fault in.
I run a Corsa CB and enjoy it. Solo like makes a CB for the MOPAR V6 that does a good job. You hear it but it's not in the car with you.
If you want annoying cabin experience hack and chop yours. Another alternative is a used setup from an RT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Becareful modding the V6 exhaust, very easily can be made to sound like ass.
Your buds have no idea or have been sucked into marketing BS. All a CAI and CB are going to get you are minimal if any HP, and a different sound experience driving the car which there is no fault in.
I run a Corsa CB and enjoy it. Solo like makes a CB for the MOPAR V6 that does a good job. You hear it but it's not in the car with you.
If you want annoying cabin experience hack and chop yours. Another alternative is a used setup from an RT
I will at most put a CAI for the looks and sounds, probably won't be cutting my exhaust any time soon. My friends straight piped charger wasn't an experience I'm looking towards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've also been told that using a pedal commander would be good for acceleration, but I'm not sure if I want to use one as I don't want to mess up my car or waste my money. Does anyone know if it's worth it?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This is an other case of a good looking car is just not good enough without the torque and sound of a V8!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I still love my car, although upgrading to a v8 would be nice. I don't really have that money right now lol
It's a great car. Drive it, enjoy it. Just remember that with the Pentastar, Dodge didn't leave any power on the table. You're not going to spend a few hundred bucks and pick up 20 HP or something like that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts