Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will at most put a CAI for the looks and sounds, probably won't be cutting my exhaust any time soon. My friends straight piped charger wasn't an experience I'm looking towards.
That's because it's a V6 that's str8 piped. My professional opinion is that a V6 is very good on gas and that's about it. If you're trying improve HP buy a V8.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Pentastar V6 is plenty of motor for around town and trips on the interstate IMO. Performance wise they out perform most muscle cars of the 60's. The need for speed IMO is only useful on the track and once in a while going WOT on interstate or entering an interstate.

Enjoy your ride, like said, mods do nothing for the V6 and if you got a V8 it would cost a lot of $$$ to get any more power from the Hemi. The Hemi's do not respond well to mods either like the Camaro or Mustang where you can gain 40 HP from a tune and CAI.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Pentastar V6 is plenty of motor for around town and trips on the interstate IMO. Performance wise they out perform most muscle cars of the 60's. The need for speed IMO is only useful on the track and once in a while going WOT on interstate or entering an interstate.

Enjoy your ride, like said, mods do nothing for the V6 and if you got a V8 it would cost a lot of $$$ to get any more power from the Hemi. The Hemi's do not respond well to mods either like the Camaro or Mustang where you can gain 40 HP from a tune and CAI.
I agree 100% but coming from a guy that's driving a very energetic V8 himself. That wouldn't make me feel all too good.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts