Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my rt at 407rwhp rn just tryna see where I’m at . Heard the scats are somewhere in the low 4’s not sure though anyone have any dynos of a stock scat or close to stock scat ?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've seen a utube video of a 2019 stock putting down 400 on a DynoJet.

Reactions: SpeedKing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok thank you. Your car is supercharged pushing 418? Seems low ? I was told by my tuner if I put a stage 2 whipple supercharger kit I’d be around 550 something ?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hi, Is he talking at the flywheel or at the tires? Don't take me here as calling BS on the tuners claims. I'm just passing on common knowledge and open to being proven wrong.

This is not my first supercharger and I have seen lots of dyno pulls, and usually if a Blower maker says "Gain up to 125HP" you can count on it being more like 110. But not always.

I'm boosting a 5.7 @6psi to keep her off the ragged edge. 412 at the tires is somewhere around 485 at the flywheel. My before and after dyno runs indicates a 100hp gain at the tires and I am very pleased.

A stock 392 rated at 485 fly wheel is in the neighborhood of 400hp at the tires and can get into the 500 numbers on both ends easily but if stock internals are used you better have a reputable experienced tuner to keep from chipping off piston ring lands.

There are individuals out there claiming to be running lots more than 5-6psi on the stock 392 internals and staying together with careful tuning. Quality fuel is always mentioned but who tests fuel samples at the puimp on every fill up. I run BP 93 and hope for the best.

So for a 5.7 running 6psi a 100hp gain is not too shabby. My numbers are from a Mustang dyno.

If you have the means to boost a 392 do it, you will love it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Is he talking at the flywheel or at the tires? Don't take me here as calling BS on the tuners claims. I'm just passing on common knowledge ans am open to being proven wrong.

This is not my first supercharger and I have seen lots of dyno pulls, and usually if a Blower maker says "Gain up to 125HP" you can count on it being more like 110
. But not always.

I'm boosting a 5.7 @6psi to keep her off the ragged edge. 412 at the tires is somewhere around 485 at the flywheel. My before and after dyno runs indicates a 100hp gain at the tires and I am very pleased.

A stock 392 rated at 485 fly wheel is in the neighborhood of 400hp at the tires and can get into the 500 numbers on both ends easily but if stock internals are used you better have a reputable experienced tuner to keep from chipping off piston ring lands.

There are individuals out there claiming to be running lots more than 5-6psi on the stock 392 internals and staying together with careful tuning. Quality fuel is always mentioned but who tests fuel samples at the puimp on every fill up. I run BP 93 and hope for the best.

So for a 5.7 running 6psi a 100hp gain is not too shabby. My numbers are from a Mustang dyno.

If you have the means to boost a 392 do it, you will love it.
Honestly not too sure This is my dyno sheet as of right now with out a supercharger just headers , catback exaust , high flow cats , cold air intake and a tune.

·
Registered
951 Posts
So the 1st sheet are stock pulls, and the 2nd is after the mods?
Please elaborate, don't leave anything to assumption.

Just saying we love dyno graphs, the full sheet even more in as quality as you can taken in landscape?
Its the best way to to get the forced induction folks here involved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the 1st sheet are stock pulls, and the 2nd is after the mods?
Please elaborate, don't leave anything to assumption.

Just saying we love dyno graphs, the full sheet even more in as quality as you can taken in landscape?
Its the best way to to get the forced induction folks here involved.
1st sheet was the catback and a cold air intake 2nd sheet was everything .

·
Registered
951 Posts
Gaining 91HP from headers, CatBack, CAI & Tune from what I've seen is stretching it. But hey, the numbers are the numbers.

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am 510 RWHP on my 5.7 Challenger. 8.6 Ibs of boost. Headers , high flow cats, complete Arrington fuel system from tank to injectors. Pretty common numbers for that much boost. Been running this for 5 years with no issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1st sheet was the catback and a cold air intake 2nd sheet was everything .
I am 510 RWHP on my 5.7 Challenger. 8.6 Ibs of boost. Headers , high flow cats, complete Arrington fuel system from tank to injectors. Pretty common numbers for that much boost. Been running this for 5 years with no issues.
nice numbers bro 🙏

·
Registered
951 Posts
Enjoying my RW412HP and picking on Camry's and Mini Vans. ☺

·
Registered
256 Posts
Enjoying my RW412HP and picking on Camry's and Mini Vans. ☺
Shit I did that with my 2014 3.6. ;) My lightly modded R/T is just too much for those now to have fun with other than blowing them away with my loud exhaust. I’ve surprised beaten a few things I shouldn't of thanks to my 315 width rear rubber. My best “kill” was a 392 Challenger by a car length 0-80 on a private ranch road. Poor guy had his woman with him too. The 5.0 behind me couldn’t catch me either.

As soon as I get my cam and 6.1 or 6.4 intake manifold I wanna start running Scats and SRTs. Most are gonna be surprised. I ran a Hellcat (knowing I was gonna lose bad) because I wanted to hear it and once he got traction I was sitting still as he passed. I’m happy I got the jump with instant traction though, he probably was shitting bricks for a moment haha.

Reactions: SpeedKing
1 - 15 of 15 Posts