Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just curious to see if any has added a hood scoop to their car. I have seen a few that are nice and even looked at fiberglass hoods, but the hood is too much work and here in Vermont i dont want to deal with the headache.

I have found one similar to one on the car in the picture below.

Anyone have one like this and what do you think?. Like, dislike, cheap looking, classy, unique.

Ps thats not my car, one can only wish. !

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks to me like that scoop just sits very firm and don't rock or move around at all.

·
'15 Shaker Bee Challenger
6,727 Posts
I have a Hood Scoop on mine. Very similar to your pic you posted.

I eventually will get a New Hood but the Scoop works for now. I like it.

Some people dont like it and think it looks cheap.

But its your ride bro. You make the payments. You drive it everyday. Do what you like.

I dont regret putting one on mine.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I like the scoops. They are great for the majority of us that are on a budget.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The scoops looks good but the only thing i dont like about them is that you can tell they dont belong on the hood you can see the outline. I wanted one but ill jst save up for an SRT hood my other option is to some how get the scoop blended into the hood with bando or something and then painting it

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Well...I will not knock anyone elses Charger because every Charger is unique to that individual.

I will say, in general, the hood scoops are frowned upon on Chargers. Do I think a Charger looks better than a Charger without one? Yes I do....but when parked next to a Charger with nice fiberglass, there is no comparison in my opinion. I was on another forum a few years ago and people are not so "classy" as they are on this one. They tear people up for having them.

I had one for about a month a few years ago when I bought my Charger and then upgraded to the fiberglass the following month. Actually, I think that scoop is still attached to my OEM hood in the shed...lol

Whatever you do, it is your Charger and make your purchase so that you have no regrets.

Reactions: mayer69XS29L

·
'15 Shaker Bee Challenger
6,727 Posts
I like the scoops. They are great for the majority of us that are on a budget.
Thats correct. I couldnt fund the hood at the time. I like the scoop, so the new hood is bottom of my list.

The scoops looks good but the only thing i dont like about them is that you can tell they dont belong on the hood you can see the outline. I wanted one but ill jst save up for an SRT hood my other option is to some how get the scoop blended into the hood with bando or something and then painting it
I was thinking the same thing of blending.

Sike! :4-looney:
haha. thats the one i was gonna get at first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts