Anyone running 275s on all four?

Discussion in 'All Wheel Drive Chargers' started by Boostedstroker, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Boostedstroker

Boostedstroker New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Is anyone running 275s on 19" or 20" wheels on all four corners? If so what offset are the wheels you are running and what tires are you running. Also if you have any problems with them rubbing up front. I currently am running the stock 19" wheels with 255/50r19s, looking to upgrade to 20" wheels and am checking to see is if a 255/40r20 would be the widest tire that can be run or if a 275/40r20 can work. Any input is greatly appreciated!

I have read numerous threads and haven't seen someone running 275s on a AWD Charger, or at least haven't got a definitive answer or whether they will fit.

2. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Bump
    Trying to come up with pricing on wheels and tires

3. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    AWD cars have a higher offset than RWD cars. +38 to +40 offsets. RWD cars have about +20. With that said, not all 275's are the same, so thats another factor. I'm running 275's on all 4 corners on stock SRT 9" wheels without issue. The AWD wheels are usually 8" wide at most and I wouldn't recommend running 275's on those. IF your going with a wider wheel, your going to need a bigger offset for an AWD car.

4. SDTWDirect

SDTWDirect Member Platinum Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    255/45R20 is a good, happy medium for an AWD vehicle if you are looking to go larger from your 19's (proper wheel specs of course, as mentioned above). There are a couple of members that have gone through us with 22's, and we do the typical 265/35R22 which fills the vehicle well. You should search more and decide on which fitment will be best and satisfactory to you.

-AL of SDTW Direct

5. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Thanks for the info! I have seen pictures of 20" by 8.5" wheels with 255s and it looks good but IMO 275s (stock hellcat tire size) looks perfect on our cars because of how big they are. I haven't seen or heard of any AWD charger running a 275. I would imagine with the correct offset that would push the wheel out would allow for a 275 but i have a feeling it would cause the wheel to stick out past the fender which would look like crap. I have played with the idea of running 275s in the rear and 255s up front (obviously the height of the tire has to be the same) but not sure if I care to have it so I can't rotate the tires. Being a mechanic I get decent deals on tires but can get expensive real quick if your replacing 255s every 15-20k miles because of uneven wear. I'll probably end up powder coating the stock wheels and run those till I figure out what I want to do. Being in Michigan you definitely have to have a set of winter wheels if you want to keep the other set from being ruined. It's ridiculous how only one winter can cause so much damage because of the salt. I would like to buy a winter beater so I wouldn't have to worry about it but I love driving the Charger to much! Lol

6. SDTWDirect

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Haha I hear that (tons of stories from friends and others).

If you decide to go that route, you will probably want to maintain a 6.4" backspace with a 9" wheel to run a 275/40R20 all-around.

-AL of SDTW Direct

7. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Do you happen to have any photos of chargers with your 19" wheels? May just buy some wider 19" wheels to run the 255/50r19s i have on the stockers right now

8. SRT AWD Dreamer

SRT AWD Dreamer New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Greetings,
    did you have no clearance issues with the front tires and the upper control arms running 255/50/19 on the stock wheels??
    what tires did you use?
    I need new tires for my 2013 R/T Max AWD and would love to move up from the 235/55/19 size to the 255/50/19 size because so many better high performance all season tires are available in that size than in stock size.
    I see how close that upper link is to the tire and it concerns me!
    The 235/55/19 and 255/50/19 have essentially the same overall outer diameter of 29.2" so it otherwise would work well.
    I have thought about putting on 245/50/19s for a little extra clearance room with that front upper control arm but their overall diameter is 28.7" or a half inch less and I am worried it will mess up the speedometer settings.
    All advice would be appreciated!!

9. gotzaRT

gotzaRT Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R/T AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I've ran 255/50/19 Continentals for 40,000 miles on the stock rims without issue.

10. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    I also am running 255/50r19 Continental DWS tires on the stock wheels without any problems. I really wish the stock wheels were a inch wider but I am sure they went with the skinny 7.5" wide wheels and 235s for gas mileage purposes. The biggest thing I hated when I got my charger is how stupid the 235s looked as they look so darn skinny on our vehicles. I don't understand why they didn't put the wider 20" wheels on the all wheel drive RTs and just made the wheels with the correct offset. I know they didn't for cost reasons I am sure...

11. gotzaRT

gotzaRT Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R/T AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    The tires we got stock were actually SUV tires and I've read that SUV tires are thinner due to the ability to cut into snow better than a wider tire that might ride on top of the snow.

I don't know if that was Dodge's reason, or even if there is truth to what I read, but it makes sense.

12. SDTWDirect

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Good morning,

This is not our wheel, but I helped Tony with his 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. These are 19" x 8" TSW Nurburgring:

[​IMG]

-AL of SDTW Direct

13. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    You are correct, the thinner tires are indeed better in the snow but on the RT models you would performance would be one of the most important factors. With how large and how much the Chargers weigh they would really benefit from a wider wheel/tire set up. I never really got why manufacturers have to put a odd side 19" wheel on a vehicle instead of going with a 18" or 20" sense tires are usually much cheaper and easier to come by. But working as a tech i have seen engineers do alot of stupid crap that leaves you scratching your head thinking "what the hell were they thinking?".

gotzaRT likes this.
  14. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    What is the offset on those? or what would be the smallest amount of offset you would recommend? Looks like majority of wheels i have found are +15-25 which i know the stock AWD 19" wheels have a offset of +38 or something around there. I love the Hellcat wheels but all of them don't have enough offset to fit correctly.

15. SDTWDirect

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    These have a +35mm offset.

The Verde V44 is a similar, good option in 20" x 8.5"
    [​IMG]

-AL of SDTW Direct

16. Boostedstroker

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    I love the look of those wheels but I am looking for ones that are black in color. What wheels do you have in 19" that are black in color?

17. SDTWDirect

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Hello again,

There are available from the same manufacturer in 19" x 9"

Verde V21 Reflex:

[​IMG]

Thank-you,
    -AL of SDTW Direct

18. thatguy318

thatguy318 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I'm running 255/45R20 nitto motivos on a set of factory reproduction viper style wheels in 20x8.5 with a +47mm offset. I don't think there is much room for wider tires. Not much room between the sidewall and the suspension arm and they're just barely inside the fender on the front. The back would have room for a wider tire, but staggered on an AWD car (especially one with a clutch in the transfer case rather than a diff) probably isn't a good idea.

I previously had continentals dws 06s in 255/50R19 on the stock wheels. Hard to tell which tires grip better. I feel like the continentals were softer (they sure were wearing like it). I do think the nittos are louder and ride a bit harder than the continentals.

The biggest annoyance is that I haven't been able to get rid of a wheel vibration that showed up after getting rid of the stock tires, even after 2 sets of continentals and 1 set of nittos on the factory wheels, and now a set of nittos on different wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]