Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to read a little on these Hybrid pads but cannot find any end user information on how well they work or how they treat rotors.

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had them and Raybestos premium rotors on all four corners of my M11 before I traded it in. They performed very well, stopping power felt improved, however they were dusty and squeaked occasionally, usually when cold. I would buy them again.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Dusty eh. Black?
Forgive me, whats an M11?

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm Going to Try Them

I hot spotted the OE rotors, the brakes are the originals.

We had a surveillance vehicle that was not meant for that kind of service and it ate rotors by transferring material at the drop of a hat.

We went to StopTech Cryo-Drilled rotors and Raybestos Advanced Tech pads and we could not make them fail. No hot spots or transferring materials, and the fade when new pads were on was hard to come by. Half way through the pads yes but only after some abuse.

We are not sure if the drilled help shed materials but the combo worked very well. Dust? Gosh yes, but just wash the thing once a week or so.

After three sets of pads we could not find anyone to turn the drilled rotors, and there was no spider or hole to hole cracks. We were hard on them but not as constant as race track usage.

So I'll be posting back in a new thread perhaps on a review after I run the Element3 pads on the StopTech Cryo-Drilled Rotors a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Late to the table but I do my own brakes and have had several sets since they came out on my 12 Charger SXT+ BT and 03 Pilot with every flavor of their coated rotors. I have had a noticeable not earth-shattering performance improvement in consistency and controllability. I find they are easier on the rotors than full ceramic. Both of them have large single-piston calipers that use a large pad that IMHO is ok but not ideal for 4500 lbs empty vehicles. Be aware that RA is not an authorized vendor for many (if any) of the manufacturers and warranties may not be applicable. I found out when both rear sets of Akebono pads decided that the friction material and backing plates were together long enough, destroying a rotor in the separation. Of course, it was when the vehicle was needed right away so I had to pay $$$ for a rotor and pad from the dealer which also created a mismatch which I never rectified until the next changeover as it seemed ok. The only issue I had was with one of their basic coated rotors had a glob of the coating on the friction surface and a small chunk on the edge (outside of where the pad contacts) which was not from shipping as the cavity was coated. I have a set of reman Raybestos DP calipers going on in the spring with a set of RB rotors and Elements 3 pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts