Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this app before? Looks extremely helpful and worth the money. Found the link to it on a 300c forum. 50$ worth that just to be able to turn the dam tpms off lol.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've not heard of this. But I would be interested in seeing some feedback posts. Does this software do the same as the Tazer? It appears similar anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know. The link was on a 300c forum post. I was researching a problem I'm having with my rear wheel speed sensors giving no reading then jumping to 8192 rpms and staying flat there. Getting u140b and u140c codes. That forum had a couple posts about it and I stumbled across this thing. It looks like you can do a lot with it from what I read on their page. Even as far as testing all the actuators on your vehicle. Reads every module, and can read them separately. Makes adjustments to certain modules and parameters. Might have to get me a laptop lol.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,508 Posts
That company is in Poland. I've ordered one of the usb connectors & plan on getting 2 licenses, one for the Challenger & one for my Ram. I'm a little leery since the company is overseas but I'm going to try it. It looks like you pay through PayPal and then they send you a link for the software download.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's how the guys on the 300c forum said it works. They all said the customer service is excellent though. Said the software is usually emailed to you within 24 hours of payment. 50 bucks seems worth it. It says 299 for unlimited licenses. Which would be a good deal if you work on other peoples cars a lot. I was just curious if anyone had used it on here. I'm looking at it because you can turn the tpms off. Tired of hearing the dings from it. I keep my rear tires a little lower on pressure so that dam dings gets annoying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those of you that are skeptical (I was too) about this software I just wanted to share my experience. As I said, I was skeptical about this software for awhile because some of the posts seemed like paid advertisements and a little too good to be true for the price. I needed a software to program my Homelink, steering wheel controls, and EVIC cluster. I sent App Car a message on their site and did not get a response for several weeks. I got back on their site and sent another message saying that I sent a message before and never got a response and explained that I was skeptical of their software and told them what I needed it to do.... few days later I got an email from them saying that they would let me use the software and then pay for it afterwards if it works. This was a shock to me! They kind of were saying "here you go, we will prove that it works". I replied saying that was a deal and they sent me the install link along with my username and password. I installed the software on my computer, plugged in my Bluetooth OBDII adapter (VGATE icar2) and followed the instructions for setup on their site. No joke, 10 minutes later I had working steering wheel controls and Full EVIC cluster! I have yet to install my Homelink, but I am confident that I will be able to get it done with this software as well. I hope this helps some of you that are on the fence about this software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That company is in Poland. I've ordered one of the usb connectors & plan on getting 2 licenses, one for the Challenger & one for my Ram. I'm a little leery since the company is overseas but I'm going to try it. It looks like you pay through PayPal and then they send you a link for the software download.

Let me know what you think of it please. Really thinking about getting it.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,508 Posts
For those of you that are skeptical (I was too) about this software I just wanted to share my experience. As I said, I was skeptical about this software for awhile because some of the posts seemed like paid advertisements and a little too good to be true for the price. I needed a software to program my Homelink, steering wheel controls, and EVIC cluster. I sent App Car a message on their site and did not get a response for several weeks. I got back on their site and sent another message saying that I sent a message before and never got a response and explained that I was skeptical of their software and told them what I needed it to do.... few days later I got an email from them saying that they would let me use the software and then pay for it afterwards if it works. This was a shock to me! They kind of were saying "here you go, we will prove that it works". I replied saying that was a deal and they sent me the install link along with my username and password. I installed the software on my computer, plugged in my Bluetooth OBDII adapter (VGATE icar2) and followed the instructions for setup on their site. No joke, 10 minutes later I had working steering wheel controls and Full EVIC cluster! I have yet to install my Homelink, but I am confident that I will be able to get it done with this software as well. I hope this helps some of you that are on the fence about this software.
I sent in a question Saturday before last, figured it would be the following week before I got a response since they are supposedly closed on Sat/Sun. Guy responded maybe an hour later.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This looks like a great item. There's some things I'd like to do, like have my fog lights on with the daytime running lights, but I don't want to shell out a lot of money to do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This looks like a great item. There's some things I'd like to do, like have my fog lights on with the daytime running lights, but I don't want to shell out a lot of money to do it.
I'd like to turn off the tpms. I keep my rear tires a little low on purpose and the tpms makes it dings every time I stop and take off again.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,508 Posts
Well I purchased two licenses yesterday, one for the Ram & one for the Challenger. After payment they sent an email within 5 minutes with links for the software, help & such. I had already bought the OBDLink SX connector for about $30 on Amazon. Now it has it's own software for diagnosing but I've not tried it yet. The one thing was I had to download/install the Windows drivers for the OBDLink SX separately since that did not happen when I installed the software. One thing that caught my eye was it appears that if you have a 2018 MY & newer that there is some kind of interface that needs to be installed in the vehicle if you want to be able to communicate with the PCM/modules so if your rides are '18 & newer may want to research that. Pretty easy to get started also, plug interface into pc & vehicle, turn ignition to run, click the connect button and then once it's connected you'll need to download the database for the vehicle so you'll need internet service available the 1st time per vehicle.

Only thing I can say about the appcar software is you can get a ton of info about what's going on with your ride. The adjustable parameters vary depending on what you drive so what you can do on one vehicle may not be available on another. It also allows you to get to settings you probably should not mess with. Also this interface I'm using is pretty quick, not like trying to install a tune with the original Predator (slow). Gonna be a steep learning curve but even if you don't modify any settings I think it's worth the money ($50 software, $30 interface) just to be able to read/clear codes, diagnose issues, read live data & such. Only downside is you can't just plug into any Mopar & use it unless you get the unlimited license ($300).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice. I'm definitely gonna have to get it. Will have to get a laptop or tablet first though. Wish you could use it on a smartphone. I was thinking about getting the unlimited license just cause you might be able to make a little money on the side with it if you know what you're doing.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,508 Posts
Nice. I'm definitely gonna have to get it. Will have to get a laptop or tablet first though. Wish you could use it on a smartphone. I was thinking about getting the unlimited license just cause you might be able to make a little money on the side with it if you know what you're doing.
True. You'll just need an internet connection to download the database for each vehicle you connect to. May want to contact them to see if you can purchase one license to try it out & then put that towards the unlimited if you go that route. I think those guys may be flexible on stuff like that. Also, not sure if a tablet will work.

I did activate my DRLs on my Ram, using the turn signals but also have the option to use high or low beams on headlamps. Dealership changed my tire size when I put larger diameter tires on but said they could not find a setting to activate the DRLs. As far as I'm concerned it's paid for itself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you able to turn off your tpms? That's the main reason I want it lol. I keep my rear tires a little lower pressure so my stupid chime goes off everytime I stop and go again.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,508 Posts
Are you able to turn off your tpms? That's the main reason I want it lol. I keep my rear tires a little lower pressure so my stupid chime goes off everytime I stop and go again.
I can on the Challenger, not sure about the truck. It varies depending on the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts